Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Pro 5.0 shifter from lightningforceperformance, and just thought I'd let you guys know it was on sale for $250. I was torn between the Pro 5.0 and the Tri-Ax, but the sale sold me on the Pro. I had the Pro in my 98 and loved it, so I hope it is as good. It doesn't seem to me many people are running it on the 500s, or at least not talking about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had one installed in mine two weeks ago. I like that it is closer to me and the gear selection is firm and positive. I do not percieve any real difference in the length of lever throw. I have not had a chance to speed shift it yet as the snake is in the shop with a failed clutch. The one thing I don't like about it is the side to side movement while in gear. This has always been a characteristic of any previous shifter I have had only when it was in neutral. Now I have lost that particular test for neutral. It is unnerving, but I am sure I will get used to it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think most people are putting the kr shifter in with the kr ball shift knob from ford racing. I am planning on doing this when I do the TSB on the tranny/clutch/flywheel, the dealer said he'd put it on for free while the tranny was out. I don't know which shifter is better but everyone that has it seems to like it. My 2 cents.:zlurking:

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think anything will be an improvement over the stock mush... Everyone almost had me talked into the Ford Racing one, but I loved my Pro 5.0 in my '98, so the sale sold me. Hopefully I will love it as much as the last.

As far as the side movement... Do you mean it is not very flexible side to side, or that it is loose in the neutral?

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woohoo, no more rubber noodle. The instructions absolutely sucked, luckily I found Steeda's instructions online after realizing Pro 5.0s didn't make sense. So far, I'm happy with it, but all I've done so far is drove to work this morning. It's a lot quieter than I expected, because my '98s was loud, but I guess being it's not mounted directly into the tranny it makes sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts