Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here in quite a while - since I sold my 2008 a couple years ago. I sold it and bought a 2017 GT 350 that I really enjoy. My wife's cousin is selling his 2009 KR and I am trying to give him an idea of a reasonable selling price. What is the opinion in the GT 500 community? 4200 miles, all stock.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,685 Posts
I am no KR expert... that’s a tough one. The KRs are cool cars, but they would be much more collectible if Ford stopped making GT500s after that. They didn’t though and they kept getting better. That’s obviously a low-mile example. Anyone have an educated guess...? $40k...?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am no KR expert... that’s a tough one. The KRs are cool cars, but they would be much more collectible if Ford stopped making GT500s after that. They didn’t though and they kept getting better. That’s obviously a low-mile example. Anyone have an educated guess...? $40k...?
Thanks Goose, He's thinking +50K and I'm thinking 45K. I've seen them advertised for 45-55 but really don;t know if they sell them at that price or not.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
517 Posts
Thanks Goose, He's thinking +50K and I'm thinking 45K. I've seen them advertised for 45-55 but really don;t know if they sell them at that price or not.
When I purchased my car, they had a 2008 GT 500 KR with 127 miles on it. They were asking 50K. It’s sitting behind my car in the picture.
D484AAD7-31F5-4AE7-9257-760B99CE2712.jpeg

·
Registered
288 Posts
There's a lot of cool things on the KR that set it apart from the '07-'09 GT500. The hood is the biggest item (for me anyway). Full carbon fiber that vents cold air into the airbox. They had different shifters, suspension, wheels, exhaust.

I think the tune was different but I'm not 100 percent on that. I imagine it had to be since they used an open air filter as opposed to the stock closed airbox.

I think it also had a differential/axle reservoir that would catch fluid if it got too hot during track use.

They also had a carbon fiber splitter, side rails, and rear view mirror caps. Shelby engraved plate on the dash. The front lower grille has brake coolers that the customer could install or not ( I believe it was an option and if you didn't want them installed they put them in the trunk.)

It's a very cool car that will probably be worth a lot more a long time from now, but for now I'd say mid 40s would do it.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys - very helpful information that I will pass on to wife's cousin. I think I'll tell him that he'd be very lucky to get his 50K and should lower his expectation.
Much Appreciated (and why I used to really enjoy this forum).

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I remember when you were active on the forum. Miss your input, you contributed a lot. Glad you like the '17.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts