Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 GT500
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on the '14 5.0 I picked up for the wife to be her daily driver. Getting it cleaned up, fluids, pulling off dumb parts. Giving it a solid once over.

Some Ford engineer needs to be taken behind the woodshed and roughed up a bit. This has to be one of the dumbest things I have seen under the hood. I flimsy, ugly, and in the way tube that carries "sound" from the intake tube to the passenger compartment. It's now in the junk pile and oh wow you can actually see the heads, might be time for some nifty coil covers.

Wood Slope Twig Reptile Linens

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
89 Posts
Did you find the one that runs from the exhaust to the passenger compartment so you can smell the car running too?

·
Premium Member
2011 GT500
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did you find the one that runs from the exhaust to the passenger compartment so you can smell the car running too?
Missed that one...the kid always falls asleep in the back seat though

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,179 Posts
We removed this from my son’s 2011 5.0 as well. It did not sound good.

Reactions: JoeMama

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
The EV's will play a recording.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,179 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
163 Posts
That sounds excellent!
thats all the mod is, adding the "sound tube" I bought one, way over priced for what it is, i have yet to install it as i have my amp wire running in the hole designed for the sound tube right now, but to each his own i guess

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,179 Posts
thats all the mod is, adding the "sound tube" I bought one, way over priced for what it is, i have yet to install it as i have my amp wire running in the hole designed for the sound tube right now, but to each his own i guess
My Whipple whine is music to my ears… the more the merrier!

·
Registered
14 Gt500 PP/T 2.4 pulley,3.73ears, mgw shifter, morimoto heads/tails/fogs. Borla atak, bbk 65tb
65 Posts
I've got a Fosters on mine....I don't turn on the radio anymore. Doesn't sound good until into boost though, so I can understand on a non boosted 5.0 how it wouldn't sound as good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts