Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone.

The pic shows two of the three bolts that hold a power steering pump on an 07 5.4 GT500.
I want to remove the bolts so that I can touch up the rust and get some paint on the housing. My question is this: is there a torque spec to retighten the bolts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
324 Posts
Don’t know torque spec but inspect bolts for any damage or wear. If good reinstall and make sure they are snug. Don’t tighten with cheater bar or breaker bar. Might snap the bolt head off. My suggestion.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Greetings everyone.

The pic shows two of the three bolts that hold a power steering pump on an 07 5.4 GT500.
I want to remove the bolts so that I can touch up the rust and get some paint on the housing. My question is this: is there a torque spec to retighten the bolts? Thanks in advance.
View attachment 201127
Below is the Ford Shop Manual torque spec. information for all of the P/S components because you may be removing more that just to bolts from that pump.....

R

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I don't know how detailed you want to get, but since you will have it apart, those rusty surfaces were originally machined and Silver/metal color, a bright Silver on those areas after a short wire brushing would bring that pump mounting back to a "Correct" look, if that is the look you want? To do the Silver, tape off the Black around the machined pads, shoot some Bright Silver on those area's, let it dry, remove the tape and then take a Q-tip with some lacquer thinner to clean off any excess Silver on that "well set" Black pump paint. I did all machined areas on my 8.8 with a Bright Silver when I restored my axle housing. On the axle tube weld spots below I used a Metallic Silver to separate the look from the Bright Silver machined pad around the weld hole. it gives a little bit more of defined detail rather than just spray bombing everything Black.....

R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts