Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the passenger seat be turned into a power seat? Note I had my seats heated, very nicely done takes the chill off my buns.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where did you get the heated seats?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the local Ziebart store install them. They can only be installed on the but section.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Viance is only 5' 2" as well asnd its hard for her to see over dash as well. They should have put power seats in this car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My Viance is only 5' 2" as well asnd its hard for her to see over dash as well. They should have put power seats in this car.
According to my dealer this is a common complaint from customers on all Mustang variants... not enough adjustability on pass seat.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I started another threat but should of checked this one first. Having the same problem. Solved, so far, with a $14 car seat pillow from Walmart. Would like a more permanent fix.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
pls add this to changes to be made to the 2014 car. My wife is 5'2" I can't even use HOV lanes cause you can't see her. But at 6'7" I DO NOT want Ford to lower head height. You would have to call that a Camero

·
Registered
11 Posts
Surely, a good fab person or good machinest could come up with a fix for the low passenger seat. Would be a good way to make 3 or 4 hundred bucks for 4 brackets. I'd be the first one to buy them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ditto for a way to turn the passenger seat into a power seat with the height adjustments. My wife is 5' 0" and she has a hard time seeing when we take the Shelby out for a drive! Maybe a pillow is what we need for now for her!

Phil

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Never sat in my passenger seat.. Thats for my husband lol so haven't ran into an issue.. As for pillows its not a good idea and can cause more injury if something were to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Can the passenger seat be turned into a power seat? Note I had my seats heated, very nicely done takes the chill off my buns.
There was a post on this topic almost exactly a year ago with a great write-up.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82965&postcount=1

I have the file, but it is a PDF file and way too large to attach here (45.4MB). Jeff (69mussl) offered to send a link to the file on request but that link is no longer available/active. You might also try a PM to Jeff to see if he is still active.

If you send me a PM with your email address I will attempt to attach it to an email and send it (will have to see if I can break it into smaller parts). :pimp:

You might also try a PM to Jeff

·
Registered
836 Posts
Why not just by the required hardware for a V6/GT power passenger seat and install it? Guaranteed to work and fit right. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Why not just by the required hardware for a V6/GT power passenger seat and install it? Guaranteed to work and fit right. Problem solved.
I kinda think that's what Jeff did, he just listed the needed parts, tools and then documented his installation (lots of pics). While not undo-able the conversion is not quite as easy as it sounds. :silly:

·
Registered
107 Posts
There was a post on this topic almost exactly a year ago with a great write-up.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82965&postcount=1

I have the file, but it is a PDF file and way too large to attach here (45.4MB). Jeff (69mussl) offered to send a link to the file on request but that link is no longer available/active. You might also try a PM to Jeff to see if he is still active.

If you send me a PM with your email address I will attempt to attach it to an email and send it (will have to see if I can break it into smaller parts). :pimp:

You might also try a PM to Jeff
You could upload the file to one of the free hosting services, like MegaUpload or MediaFire, then post the link for anyone here to download.

I'm glad to help if I can.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
You could upload the file to one of the free hosting services, like MegaUpload or MediaFire, then post the link for anyone here to download.

I'm glad to help if I can.
Thanks, I thought of that but didn't know of any of the sites. I figured if anyone was interested I'd ask for help/info.

I did upload the file to MEGAUPLOAD in two formats; pdf and doc.

PDF file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7P4CSV20

DOC file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTPXG59E

Good Luck! :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got them both. Thanks! FYI, it takes about a 45-second wait for the "Regular Download" button to appear, just be patient.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm going to do this! Parts come to $466 on the internet but I can't find the part number: Ford 9L3Z-14A1701-A, 6-way Seat Switch

Not sure what that costs or if the part number is correct.

Here's the parts list:

TOOLS / SAFETY EQUIPMENT
• Metric ratchet wrench set, with flex head
• Metric socket set, deep and standard
• Torx socket, T-45
• Soldering gun or connector crimping tool
• Heat gun and shrink tubing
• 4-inch nylon cable ties
• 8-inch nylon cable ties
• 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, fast drying, P/N 08008
• Common and Phillips screwdrivers
• Floor jack and lug wrench
• Battery charger
• Eye-only face shield (always good to use)
• Fire extinguisher (always good to have nearby)
PARTS
• Ford AR3Z-6361710-A, 6-way Track Seat Assembly
• Ford 9L3Z-14A1701-A, 6-way Seat Switch
• Ford 9L3Z-14711-AB, Knob (for 6-way seat switch)
• Ford 8R3Z-6362186-BA, Seat Shield Assembly
• Ford 7R3Z-14A699-DA, Seat Wiring Assembly
• Waterproof ATM (mini) fuse holder (Bussmann or equivalent) with 30A mini fuse
• 12 feet of RED and BLACK 14GA stranded wire
• 3/8-inch BLACK split-loom tubing (to dress wires)
• 1/2-inchg BLACK split-loom tubing (to dress wires)
• 2-pin trailer wiring harness

1 - 18 of 18 Posts