Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,469 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
Could it be this Tim?
I guess it could be. I was thinking they were separate lights to swap to. Taillight tint does not pass inspection in TX. If I had a second set of dark taillights that could be swapped easily, I might be game for the mod

·
Registered
2020 GT500 rapid red black roof
14 Posts
Taillights are sprayed with tinted clear. I talked my painter buddy into doing them for me. After doing mine he said they where the hardest ones he has down because of all the nooks and crannies. So when it came to making the upgrade from the 350 to the 500 I was swapping them in the parking lot at the dealer while the paperwork was being finished.

·
Premium Member
2012 Shelby GT500 convertible, triple black w/gold stripes and Shelby 50th anniversary fender badge.
54 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
Taillights are sprayed with tinted clear. I talked my painter buddy into doing them for me. After doing mine he said they where the hardest ones he has down because of all the nooks and crannies. So when it came to making the upgrade from the 350 to the 500 I was swapping them in the parking lot at the dealer while the paperwork was being finished.
Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,889 Posts
I guess it could be. I was thinking they were separate lights to swap to. Taillight tint does not pass inspection in TX. If I had a second set of dark taillights that could be swapped easily, I might be game for the mod
I got pulled over by a state trooper who thought my tails were tinted, & he knew differently as soon as I put my blinker on to move to the shoulder..

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
1,737 Posts
I got pulled over by a state trooper who thought my tails were tinted
I hate that crap, can't they find something better to do. I got pulled over for exhaust on my SVT Focus years ago. The guy realized it was Ford's exhaust, so he went around the car checking everything, tint percentage (hung a meter on the window), headlights, tail lights, and finally saw the tint strip on the front window was below the AS1 line (I had no idea what that line was, I just had it tinted to the mirror). So he was able to write me a ticket for that. I've always been respectful when pulled over and I was to him, but inside I wanted to tear him to pieces.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,469 Posts
Reactions: CollectedDust

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
357 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!