Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1255 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,181 ·
So Tim, As a Instructor, If I am in the States, you can teach me like they do at Track Attack? I understand I have to pay you, curious the cost per lessons if you do that of course. 🙏

Thank you
Instruction is done at a track day. Students pay the track organization. I volunteer with the organization. This could change if I become a member of a local track.

·
Registered
2022 GT-500 CFTP
173 Posts
Had 4 Gt500’s there.
Lime green 1000hp ran 162.63
I ran 164.11
Scotty ran 160.94
Russell who is still 100% stock ran 155.12

That was running into a 20-25mph head wind. I believe the 1000hp lime green gt500 ran a 166ish and Russell ran a 158.12 on Saturday with no wind.
Just an FYI… had an opportunity to line up next to the C-8/Zo6
No worries…. Take their money if they offer it up…

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
1,206 Posts
So Tim, As a Instructor, If I am in the States, you can teach me like they do at Track Attack? I understand I have to pay you, curious the cost per lessons if you do that of course. 🙏

Thank you
If you come to the states just contact a local track in the area you are staying. They will have some local guys that are Professional drivers and will give lessons by the hour. They are very good as most have real racing experience along with years of instructing and they have year round access to the track. Most have rental cars as well. I learned from a couple pro’s in my area and it made a huge difference for me.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,185 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
That is a cool shot Barb! What is your car doing all by itself out in the grass?
Did I mention I always park really far away from people? Kidding, sort of.
Had someone that’s starting out as a photographer take a few shots of my car. I took that one with phone.
Waiting on the ones he took.

Snakes love grass Tim!! 😂
What he 👆said ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
If you come to the states just contact a local track in the area you are staying. They will have some local guys that are Professional drivers and will give lessons by the hour. They are very good as most have real racing experience along with years of instructing and they have year round access to the track. Most have rental cars as well. I learned from a couple pro’s in my area and it made a huge difference for me.
Thank you for the info Shawn, I'll do that.

Speaking of getting instruction, I was at my friends Arvin's house last night celebrating his fathers 71st birthday, Arvin's Nephew was there he's had professional training, and said he help me out.

He also told me about a guy at Clark speed way who has the 2nd fastest lap time on that track, He did it in a 2021 GT500, The fastest lap was done by a GT3 RS Difference was less then a half a second, the picture he showed me of this GT500 was amazing the rear WING was high as Sht and big, the car is white its stock under the hood just very modified for track duty,.

The guy also has a ZL1 Camaro built the same way Hugh AZZ WING, I asked Angelo ( Arvin's Nephew ) to send me the pictures.

Angelo also said he knows a few serious racers, ( Tim Clones) who can help me some, so we'll see.

Here they are Just received them;)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SHELBY GT500- 2006 Mustang GT triple black-5 speed
251 Posts
I ran a quick errand today and snapped this photo of what will probably be the last time the Shelby is out of the garage for a while.☹
Fortunately I’m in love with my Raptor that is parked next to it and doesn’t care what Mother Nature has planned over the coming months.😁
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
I ran a quick errand today and snapped this photo of what will probably be the last time the Shelby is out of the garage for a while.☹
Fortunately I’m in love with my Raptor that is parked next to it and doesn’t care what Mother Nature has planned over the coming months.😁 View attachment 254059
Very nice, looks cold there, we never have cold weather here:unsure::LOL:

·
Registered
2010 SHELBY GT500- 2006 Mustang GT triple black-5 speed
251 Posts
Very nice, looks cold there, we never have cold weather here:unsure::LOL:
Don’t make this guy from New England jealous or I’ll have to come visit you to warm up and get my need for speed fix 🤣 Before you know it spring comes and you get to be a kid at Christmas unwrapping your new toy from its car cover 🎅

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Don’t make this guy from New England jealous or I’ll have to come visit you to warm up and get my need for speed fix 🤣 Before you know it spring comes and you get to be a kid at Christmas unwrapping your new toy from its car cover 🎅
I hear Ya, I do miss the fall and Spring of America, the seasons here are Hot, Hotter, Hottest, and Rainy season, all very Humid 🤷‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

You're welcome to come visit, I have a spare bedroom Rich.;), Anyone on this forum is welcome to come here, at your expense of course:ROFLMAO:

1181 - 1200 of 1255 Posts