Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

741 - 760 of 778 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,014 Posts
latest pics of mine... taken this morning for Bob, @Ford Fest

(he wanted to see the undercarriage color, not too bad (clean) for a 13 yo car !!!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Fully Loaded
177 Posts
Looks awesome! A forum tip: when you use the paper clip icon to upload pics, click “Insert Full Images” before submitting post... you’ll end up with full sized pics versus clickable thumbnails.
Sorry, I was not sure what people preferred (thumbnail VS full image). I need to get better pictures as well, I bought the car and have not been able to drive it more than two times.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 ·
Sorry, I was not sure what people preferred (thumbnail VS full image). I need to get better pictures as well, I bought the car and have not been able to drive it more than two times.
You can do either (thumbnails or full size)... just making you aware of some “forum-isms.” If you use the rectangle icon to upload a single pic, it automatically inserts the full sized shot.

Reactions: Chris-20-GT500

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #746 ·
On a big cruise today with the head of Ford Performance marketing. He is driving the blue CFTP... a friend brought the white one and I rounded out the red/white/blue with Rapid Red.

2FD4498C-4445-4E89-A000-09218DFB5818.jpeg
7A92E4D9-FCB8-4BE0-9CB4-A9A5B103F00B.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #748 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great picture! She matches the car well with her white/black ensemble.
She did that on purpose which was a nice surprise...she finally drove it today, and had a lot of fun doing some pulls. For me, it was nice to feel the car from the passenger seat, this car sure does pull! The Z06 and this are night and day, the Z06 is faster low into mid however, mid to up top the Shelby is definitely faster. Interesting as they both run nearly identical times on the road track and 1/4 mile.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 ·
She did that on purpose which was a nice surprise...she finally drove it today, and had a lot of fun doing some pulls. For me, it was nice to feel the car from the passenger seat, this car sure does pull! The Z06 and this are night and day, the Z06 is faster low into mid however, mid to up top the Shelby is definitely faster. Interesting as they both run nearly identical times on the road track and 1/4 mile.
That’s your traction control working hard. Get on a concrete surface (freeway or frontage road) and you’ll feel the violence down low as well. Recently, I’ve been playing with the traction control turned off... the engine hits MUCH harder with the TC not reeling it in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That’s your traction control working hard. Get on a concrete surface (freeway or frontage road) and you’ll feel the violence down low as well. Recently, I’ve been playing with the traction control turned off... the engine hits MUCH harder with the TC not reeling it in.
good to know! Also, I did not put it in drag mode, I will have to try that as well. You are 100% correct, it did spin a lot!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #758 ·

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
97 Posts
BOOM! That is bright and poppy! 🤟

I assume that is aftermarket vinyl? I don’t see any gaps and you have side stripes... that combo usually means aftermarket vinyl.
Actually no. This is 100% factory vinyl stripe option. Looks pretty good I know. I was pleasantly surprised myself. 😁

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
370 Posts
Actually no. This is 100% factory vinyl stripe option. Looks pretty good I know. I was pleasantly surprised myself. 😁
I have a seen a few 21’s with longer factory stripes. They must have heard the complaints and adjusted their process. Super sharp car BTW

741 - 760 of 778 Posts