2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
Reactions: msirach

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
268 Posts
I work in shipping... what’s the problem? Car looks great by the way!
Thanks @Goose17 I ordered a JLT Catch can from American Muscle after you mentioned I needed one. Got the tracking info the next day. I messaged AM today when there still wasn't any shipping info. A rep from AM emailed me back and said it was lost. They are trying to track it. I ordered a very robust tripod from Great Britain 4 weeks ago. I kept getting UPS messages that it was waiting in customs for more info, then I got a message that shipping was held up due to Brexit. lol I finally received it Friday. A week ago, I ordered a styling bar from CJ Pony Parts and it is backordered. They are supposed to receive it tomorrow. I did get my FR hood struts from LMR in just a couple of days.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
Thanks @Goose17 I ordered a JLT Catch can from American Muscle after you mentioned I needed one. Got the tracking info the next day. I messaged AM today when there still wasn't any shipping info. A rep from AM emailed me back and said it was lost. They are trying to track it. I ordered a very robust tripod from Great Britain 4 weeks ago. I kept getting UPS messages that it was waiting in customs for more info, then I got a message that shipping was held up due to Brexit. lol I finally received it Friday. A week ago, I ordered a styling bar from CJ Pony Parts and it is backordered. They are supposed to receive it tomorrow. I did get my FR hood struts from LMR in just a couple of days.
You just found out what "Brown" can do for you! Next time, chose PURPLE! :cool:

Reactions: msirach

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
268 Posts
Haha. I didn't have a choice from Europe. lol Shipping was only 9.99 sterling though.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
925 Posts
Yeah, I ordered something from American Muscle, arrived FedEx Olive Branch hub Friday, still sitting there, apparently can not get enough package handlers to sort packages, then P&D doesn't leave hub until 10:00 or later for daily deliveries. Think all deliveries are lagging, getting bills in mail from USPS after the due date, luckily I set up payment on regular schedules.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
Yeah, I ordered something from American Muscle, arrived FedEx Olive Branch hub Friday, still sitting there, apparently can not get enough package handlers to sort packages, then P&D doesn't leave hub until 10:00 or later for daily deliveries. Think all deliveries are lagging, getting bills in mail from USPS after the due date, luckily I set up payment on regular schedules.
When the government is sending out “free money,” businesses have a hard time hiring enough folks. Not enough people feel the desire to work when they have money showing up in the mailbox.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
426 Posts
When the government is sending out “free money,” businesses have a hard time hiring enough folks. Not enough people feel the desire to work when they have money showing up in the mailbox.
Businesses around here are having that problem. Heard on the local news that a restaurant (a pretty popular one) has to adjust business hours around when they have staff. Owner says nobody wants to work with the increase in unemployment. Heard the same thing a few months ago from a patient. Ridiculous.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
Businesses around here are having that problem. Heard on the local news that a restaurant (a pretty popular one) has to adjust business hours around when they have staff. Owner says nobody wants to work with the increase in unemployment. Heard the same thing a few months ago from a patient. Ridiculous.
Yup! I’ve been hearing the same thing from FedEx ramps that I fly to. They cannot find enough people willing to work.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,014 Posts
So True...

This area around Sedona is a lot of 'Resorts and Restaurants', dozens and dozens of restaurants ...
It is also mainly retired people... There is a HUGE problem with finding people to work in the mostly "service" industry in this area, first problem is housing, very, very few affordable places for the workers. Most have to come from 30-50 miles away!
Now with the added fed supplement and extended time of coverage why would anyone expect them to work !
it has always been an issue of finding employees around here, but now, it is near impossible !

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #740 ·
721 - 740 of 778 Posts