Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone has personally ported their vmp gen 3 supercharger. Or if anyone has to a similar blower. What were the results?

Thanks in advance

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,300 Posts
Wanted to see if anyone has personally ported their vmp gen 3 supercharger. Or if anyone has to a similar blower. What were the results?

Thanks in advance
Isn’t the gen 3 TVS already capable of more power than a stock bottom end can handle on a 07-14? Are you going with a built motor?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is, I am keeping it on pump for now. Had some issues with the stock intercooler pump (being replaced) on the dyno. And it made 722/671.

I'm targeting 750-775 on pump.

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
228 Posts
What pulley? A 2.5 on a gen3 should get you close to your goal. I would think anyways. If you’ve got factory cats maybe the tune is a little rich safe to keep temps down but 750 on pump gas is definitely doable on the gen3 I see them pretty regular. There are just many variables locations, temp, heat soak due to inter cooler pump. Those numbers heatsoaked would be pretty close to 750 cooler day cooler temps. What throttle body are you using?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What pulley? A 2.5 on a gen3 should get you close to your goal. I would think anyways. If you’ve got factory cats maybe the tune is a little rich safe to keep temps down but 750 on pump gas is definitely doable on the gen3 I see them pretty regular. There are just many variables locations, temp, heat soak due to inter cooler pump. Those numbers heatsoaked would be pretty close to 750 cooler day cooler temps. What throttle body are you using?
VMP does recommend anything lowered than 2.8 pulley on pump. (I have 3.0 with a 10% lower so basically 2.8) and I am currently running a 67mm TB.

As mentioned above it was definitely heat soaked due to the intercooler pump not running correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts