Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Have You or Are You Upgrading Your Shifter? TO?

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Had an MGW on my '11, loved it and highly recommended. The shifter in the '14 so far has been terrific and can't see me changing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the MGW.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Barton

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I have been happy with the MGW I bought in the first load they made. However, I have recently been having problems getting locked out of 5th gear when upshifting but its fine downshifting.
Anyone else having such a problem? I put it in at about 2000 miles when I took the trans out and had it fully updated with syncros and the 2010 clutch. I have 9000 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shifter bushing upgrade with stiffer rubber rear mount on a stock 2012 GT500 shifter = same time install, $300 less than new shifter, similar results.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd like to change my stock 2012 out. I've had a Steeda Triax on my old SN-95 GT and I really like the precise mechanical feel. There was some extra NVH coming through, but not too bad.

I'm going to read back through this thread now to see if there's a clear winner for the Shelby. Most of what I've read so far have been the single review, not an A vs. B review.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just ordered an MGW after reading everything on the forum. I hope it ships right away since I'm having my trans pulled tomorrow to fix the 4th gear synchro. This install should be a breeze without a tranny installed.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts