Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Have You or Are You Upgrading Your Shifter? TO?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just got the Steeda....it's getting smoother as I use it ...it's short and locks right in. Very pleased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings everyone. My first post on this forum. I had a Steeda on my 04 Terminator and found it rather hard to shift smoothly. I replaced it with a MGW and found it to be superior to the Steeda Tri-Ax both in quality and driveability. I plan on putting a MGW on my new 2011 Shelby based on my past experiance. Could be that Steeda has improved their shifter over time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I agree. The Steeda after a few weeks was STILL a bit harder to pull and still does feel ratchety in everyday around town driving. But...for it's intended purpose with gear box pressure, under power when I was looking for the crisp, hard short shift it work exceptionally well for me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
MGW here.

Felt a Barton, but went with the MGW.

Personal choice kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,420 Posts
MGW installed

·
Premium Member
6,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'm shopping for a replacement shifter. I was interested in Hurst. After not being able to find one online for my '08, I gave them a call. The guy was bewildered, and after conferring with an associate, he said they didnt have one for my car. Damn. Within this thread, there are those representin' Hurst. Lookin' for a Hurst Stock Number for the shifter for my '08.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I'm shopping for a replacement shifter. I was interested in Hurst. After not being able to find one online for my '08, I gave them a call. The guy was bewildered, and after conferring with an associate, he said they didnt have one for my car. Damn. Within this thread, there are those representin' Hurst. Lookin' for a Hurst Stock Number for the shifter for my '08.

Thanks.
Well, that sucks! I wonder if it's because the earlier Shelby's had the bolts running front to back through the handle, and the later ones switched to the bolts going through the side of the handle? The side mounted ones would be in Hurst's wheelhouse for sure.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts