Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Have You or Are You Upgrading Your Shifter? TO?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have upgraded or are planning to a new shifter in your GT500, which shifter?

If your shifer is not listed, please answer Yes and Other, and then post the brand of your shifter.

If you plan on keeping it completely stock, please answer no and stock.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I don't see the poll, but I have the FRPP shifter which is the KR shifter. I love it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Have they removed the stops? I read somewhere,
that they had stops that had to be removed before install?
Tremec has a website with a Q & A section. I found this info on there site:

Question: I am installing an aftermarket shifter on my TREMEC. Do you have any suggestions?

Answer: The major problem with aftermarket shifters is that they have stops on them. To install them correctly, you will have to remove the stops completely. Our transmissions are built with internal stops.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
so does your FRPP have stops and are they easily removed?
The FRPP shifter is now going on the 1000 KR's being built at the factory. It is standard equipment for the 1000 KR's. It is a Ford product and does not mess with your warranty. At least that is what my dealership told me. My dealer is putting mine on.

Nothing has to be done to this shifter before you install it. It's good to go out of the box. You might say I have a great comfort level knowing that it is made by Ford and that Ford is using it on the 1000 KR's. That's just my thinking.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well I see I screwed up.... I just noticed a Poll Thread at the Top of the Main Page...so any moderator that would like to move this, feel free too...Sorry

You don't want the poll?You want me to remove it?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I likey the poll. Why are you removing it ? Is it a duplicate ?

Because the person that started the thread asked me too.Look up 2 or 3 posts.

George,
Thats why I asked.I thought it was interesting

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my Steeda Tri Ax that I installed this weekend.
100_1901.JPG

100_1902.JPG

100_1903.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 126 Posts