Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone polished their aftermarket coolant tanks or power steering tanks.. If you have how much time did you put into it?? and what all products did you use.. I am debating between chroming or polishing... Thanks for your help guys...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let BADBOY answer that question he likes to polish everything:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Has anyone polished their aftermarket coolant tanks or power steering tanks.. If you have how much time did you put into it?? and what all products did you use.. I am debating between chroming or polishing... Thanks for your help guys...

You need a good wheel and some med and fine polish sticks..both can be had at Lowe's or Sears. A 6" wheel and med pads will work just fine...the red and green sticks work well . light to med psi and take your time...oh and try and work with the grain,it will help.finish up by removing the black with corn starch or wax ...and a good hand polish for a nice luster...

Work with a small piece first then move on to your good parts...:D

Each tank should only take 2 hrs or so at best....If there are blems on the tanks you can wet sand with 400 or 600 grit then hit the wheel agen...

........rember to try and work with the grain if you can and don't use to much psi....let the wheel do the work......

:D
I did this in 30 min....

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts