Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting all those who are waiting for their cars know that the plant is shut down this week and next (so far). According to my inside friend, it’s not the chip shortage this time. It’s an airbag shortage now.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
Airbag plant prolly can’t get a chip THEY need.
Imagine how this will play out when the CCP fulfills their promise of retaking Taiwan.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
.... while dragging their anchors, busting pipelines and creating oil spills....
Note, not one mainstream media source calling them out.

Just like the virus.....and intellectual property theft, and slave labor/human rights violations.......and on and on.

Reactions: Cliveg3

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,240 Posts
Imagine how this will play out when the CCP fulfills their promise of retaking Taiwan.
We will be totally screwed. But I am sure our current administration is in bed with the CCP, so that will cushion our fall, right?

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
We will be totally screwed. But I am sure our current administration is in bed with the CCP, so that will cushion our fall, right?
Xactly :(

Reactions: Cliveg3

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
Looks like it might have been a German ship. Or at least a German Flagged ship.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Ah crap -- sorry to hear this news for the guys waiting on their cars. Hang in there, guys! It IS worth the wait.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
110 Posts
Well, I am sure I was one of many affected by the original covid shut downs. I ordered my car in Feb of 2020 with an April 13th build date, expecting to pick it up in mid to late May. For a while the dealer could not give me any updates but then in early June I get an email telling me the new build date is June 26th and on July 24th I drove it off the lot. I was actually surprised it happened that quickly.

·
Premium Member
Jay 20 CFTP, 19 GT350R,13 GT500x2, 19 SHO,20 Explorer ST, 20 F-450, 67 Ranchero GT390
70 Posts
Just letting all those who are waiting for their cars know that the plant is shut down this week and next (so far). According to my inside friend, it’s not the chip shortage this time. It’s an airbag shortage now.
Seems Ford continues to struggle, I’m #2 on my dealers allocation for a 22 and they can’t get order in. I’ve also decided to try a Mach E GT with all the bells and whistles and it will be a minimum of 6 months plus plus plus! my wife’s Explorer ST has been bumped from a 21 to a 22 with a maybe arrival of January, we ordered it back in April, We all get the supply chain issue. This sure seems like the days when you wanted that new Harley and you had to get on a list and make your deposit and pay MSRP++ wait 6-9 months to get it. Some models seem to be in fair supply, others scarce for certain. Dealers in our area for the most part are selling existing inventory of even the stripped down models at MSRP +. Even an F150 XL with nothing on it going for 50k, which just a year ago you could bargain one in the low 40’s. Some of our bigger dealers that had inventory of 4-500 units on the lot are struggling to keep a 100 units in inventory. Used car values have skyrocketed as well. With inflation continuing to rise, supply chain issues getting worse, I suspect the financial gurus at FOMOCO are pulling the reins a bit in anticipation of near future dropping consumer confidence as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts