Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

What Upgrades Have You Ordered On Your 2007?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the errors in the the previous thread "Place Your Order", A Moderator will be deleting the aforementioned in order to establish a new poll to accomplish what was previously intended. This poll appears under General Discussion, as Site Polls are limited to staff only, as I have been advised. How about it 07 you have the power. Delete the Site Poll if you please.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Due to the errors in the the previous thread "Place Your Order", A Moderator will be deleting the aforementioned in order to establish a new poll to accomplish what was previously intended. This poll appears under General Discussion, as Site Polls are limited to staff only, as I have been advised. How about it 07 you have the power. Delete the Site Poll if you please.
Ok it's a done deal.Glad JayC was able to help you..............07...............

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 07, I see with the title comes some well deserved privileges.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I mentioned in my original thread the interior upgrade is a no brainer. I have seen both stock optional versions, and the interior upgrade is a must for those of you placing your order. At $595 it is well worth it.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The following are what makes up this option: Leather wrapping of arm rests in both doors, center console door, shift boot cover, and dash board valance. It also includes brushed aluminum pedal covers. The shift boot cover has red stitching to match the stock leather steering wheel. A real nice touch.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks 07, I see with the title comes some well deserved privileges.
Glad I could help.They made me moderator to help keep spam out of here.For awhile we were getting alot.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As I mentioned in my original thread the interior upgrade is a no brainer. I have seen both stock optional versions, and the interior upgrade is a must for those of you placing your order. At $595 it is well worth it.
Although I liked the interior upgrade, I chose to opt out. I really liked the simplicity of the standard interior. I think a Performance White/Vista Blue striped car with standard interior comes the closest to recreating the look of a 1965 GT350 Mustang...My car is optionless.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Although I liked the interior upgrade, I chose to opt out. I really liked the simplicity of the standard interior. I think a Performance White/Vista Blue striped car with standard interior comes the closest to recreating the look of a 1965 GT350 Mustang...My car is optionless.
That is a really good thought. And it never crossed my mind! I like the upgrade, but I totally agree with what you have stated. I had an '04 Mustang GT and still have my '05 Mustang GT and I ordered the upgrade in both of those. I really never gave any thought not to order it with the Shelby! If we all ordered the exact same thing, they would all be exactly the same car. Well, except for a certain Super Moderator's car maybe!

·
Banned
70 Posts
Well the 65 gt350 certainly was optionless. Think I read some where that Shelby had wanted to have the 2007 gt500 to feel the same as the 1967 gt500. In this respect it really has the same feel inside and driving of a 67 gt500. Like the '67 the '07 is very easily driven around town and the power is ther when called upon. The way the seat sets and the view over the hood is kinda chilling in the memory it brings of the '67. Now if I only had the roll bar, shoulder straps, the wood steering, the kelsey hayes star mags and no ac. awwwww. I actually bought a ford ac kit for my '67 but never got around to installing it, its still boxed up with all the oem FoMco fan belts in boxes.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
And this is the thread I thought I would here the most flack on!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thats because nobody else ordered the interior/exterior super duper upgrade package.Hot melt sheets,extra sealer,painted trunk,painted engine compartment,clear coated trunk,clear coated engine compartment,painted rear axle, all documentation from the factory and best of all Carroll Shelbys signature on the passenger side dash.Being part of the Way Forward Program,Priceless!I just can't understand why more people didn't opt for that option...............................07....................................

Although Oldimp you are a close 2nd.
Those options were extremely hard to qualify for! I managed to get one of the "test build" cars! They hadn't completed the list of options that would go on the "Way Forward Program" car then! Mine was part of the "Pretty Far Forward Program" I think!

It's nice to have friends in the right places!

·
Registered
888 Posts
And this is the thread I thought I would here the most flack on!
I think the #1 guy on the forum should have the #1 Shelby! That is just the way it should be.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think the #1 guy on the forum should have the #1 Shelby! That is just the way it should be.
Oldimp,
I am getting a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach,and thank you buddy!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is another poll that has to have more than 24 responses. Could have some meaning down the road on how units were configured. Whether ordered or delivered please weigh in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts