Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Anyone know how I can put a picture next to my name?

Thanks
You need to go into "User CP" near the top of the page here and you can attach an "avatar", which is the little picture by your name. You just have to pick a picture and size it down small enough to use. If you have trouble resizing something, you can send it to me and I will try to help.

You can also add some information in your signature there if you like.

imp

·
Registered
127 Posts
You need to go into "User CP" near the top of the page here and you can attach an "avatar", which is the little picture by your name. You just have to pick a picture and size it down small enough to use. If you have trouble resizing something, you can send it to me and I will try to help.

You can also add some information in your signature there if you like.

imp
Howdy oldlimp. I too am having problems uploading a picture next to my name. It keeps telling me " upload failed ".My picture says it's 4.86mb...if that needs to be " resized" I don't know how to do that. I can send you the picture if you will give me your email address or if you prefer you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Howdy oldlimp. I too am having problems uploading a picture next to my name. It keeps telling me " upload failed ".My picture says it's 4.86mb...if that needs to be " resized" I don't know how to do that. I can send you the picture if you will give me your email address or if you prefer you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your help.
limpopo, you can go to my Public Profile and email me from there, I think. I never meant to block out my email address. No matter, I sent you an email and I will try to get your avatar down to size for you.

imp

·
Registered
104 Posts
Head to Microsoft.com (or hit the link at the bottom) and get the Power Toy for Windows XP that allows you to resize images with just a right-click on them.

(Just be sure to save an extra copy of the original first)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's called ImageResizer.

Just select to make a copy of your image with it's small setting, then upload it.

Or, for better performance... let the guy who's got a White/Blue GT500 help you out.

:: pout, no GT500 for me ::

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks for the link, Jonsey! I have it downloaded and will give it a try myself!

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's a random (semi-crappy) tool that was released a long ways back, but for really fast stuff, only having to right-click on the image you want resized is a real time-saver.

The more you work at MS, the more you know.... or something, right... I want a car! :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you all very much.......my wee picture is in place. Thanks especially oldimp....us white w/ blue guys gotta help each other out at times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
See if this works

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's a fine combination of rolling stock you have there limpopo! My compliments.
Thank you very much. They are my babies and I really enjoy them. The GT 500 is in the shop right now getting the rear side window louvers painted and installed....I 'll post pictures when complete. The little lady and I took the Cobra for a spin this weekend down off the mountain then along the coast and back up again.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thank you very much. They are my babies and I really enjoy them. The GT 500 is in the shop right now getting the rear side window louvers painted and installed....I 'll post pictures when complete. The little lady and I took the Cobra for a spin this weekend down off the mountain then along the coast and back up again.
Hey limpopo. Is the cobra real or a clone?

Please don't take any offense to the question. I'm impressed either way. It's just that I've only ever seen clones. I've never seen a real one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey limpopo. Is the cobra real or a clone?

Please don't take any offense to the question. I'm impressed either way. It's just that I've only ever seen clones. I've never seen a real one.
No offense taken at all......it's a replica...clone.....but it still goes and sounds like the real ones. Real ones are pretty rare these days and if it's good shape are worth BIG bucks. Even these are getting very hard to get in Calif because of the smog rules nowadays.....this one is exempt.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Nice cars indeed.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ohh nice another norcal'r :) if you don't mind me asking where are you located? I'm in palo alto myself :) very nice pics btw!

Edit oops didn't notice the thread date lol Hella old thread bump haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts