Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my opition so flame away if you must!

OK look closely at the hood scoop.... rivets????? WTH (Heck)!! Even the classic FIA 289 and 427 COBRA didn’t have a “tacked” on W.C. Whitney special looking hood scoop, nor did the 65-66 G.T. 350’s…… I've got an 03 Mach 1 and Ford did alright by the "Shaker" on that car. Yes I know this isn't a "Ford" but a genuine "Shelby" but come on Mr. Shelby how about the GT-H hood stock. Not some part I can put on later, only after buying it from you as an aftermarket piece. And what about the "Classic" colors Carroll? Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue “Le Mans stripes or Guardsman Blue with the White ones…………:(

Please Mr. Shelby look again and not at the price point……..

And I also have a question for all you folks with the deep pockets 10 to 20K over MSRP for the GT500 doesn’t anyone remember the ‘79 Indy Pace Car fiasco? Those limited cars are selling for peanuts especially if you figure in for inflation……… Ford is going to make about 9000 GT500’s for the next 3 years so I hope you like giving money away…….. Because you are not going to see return. So don’t mothball your “investments” get out and drive them. BTY I’ll probably get a new GT500, to me that is, in

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you comparing the 79 pace car to the 07 Shelby? Did you just get out of a paint booth with no mask? Do us a favor and steep back in and take some deep breaths. This site is for people who want the most powerful and fastest production Mustang EVER to come from Ford. Good luck on your search for MSRP or less, feel free to rub it in my face when you do. History repeats its self, and it is happening now. With gas prices what they are now, 5 years from now efficiency not raw power will on Fords mind. I think the better move is to wait and buy a used one. Go ahead and help yourself to sloppy seconds, I won't tell. Shoulda Coulda Woulda the biggest losers most popular words. Just do it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The performance gap from a 79 Corvette Indy Pace car and a 07 GT500 is great 235HP vs 500, and light years ahead in engine management, hadling etc. But my point is the 79 had folks (there’s the words “LIMITED EDITION”) going around and spending 20K and more over MSRP and now those folks who didn't drive them are finding out they did not increase in price.........because so many were made (about 9000 in one year). Now Ford is going to build 15,000 to 18,000 in a 3 year period and mark my words these very cars will be nothing but used cars in a year or two and will stay that way for 10 years or more...... So just like I bought my 03 Mach 1 (Ford's words Speical Edition/Limited Edition), 1900 miles private party 23,000 dollars, he bought the car not 18 months earlier for 30K cause he probably had a bad case of “GOTTOHAVEITNOW” disease. So go ahead and pay 60K plus and I’ll have mine for 35 to 40K in 18 months or so new with rebates etc cause the “GOTTOHAVEITNOW” folks will be gone………

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thers nothing wrong with GOTTOHAVEITNOW disease. I have the resources to get it now.Who knows what the future will make of these cars. If your in it to make money in 20 years its a risky deal. I have 2 68 Shelbys that I take care of and I enjoy driving.There were a few of them made also,but also a 100 million less people in the US. They sold for 4200.00 for the GT350 and 4500.00 for the GT500 . What are they worth now? 100k plusI dont know if the 07 will turn any more heads than a 68 (I don't think so). Its all what you want out of it. Some will sell not long after they get it for various reasons and you could pick up a deal. But I GOTOHAVEITNOW.
Kickstand

·
Banned
70 Posts
mach_1_driver said:
The performance gap from a 79 Corvette Indy Pace car and a 07 GT500 is great 235HP vs 500, and light years ahead in engine management, hadling etc. But my point is the 79 had folks (there’s the words “LIMITED EDITION”) going around and spending 20K and more over MSRP and now those folks who didn't drive them are finding out they did not increase in price.........because so many were made (about 9000 in one year). Now Ford is going to build 15,000 to 18,000 in a 3 year period and mark my words these very cars will be nothing but used cars in a year or two and will stay that way for 10 years or more...... So just like I bought my 03 Mach 1 (Ford's words Speical Edition/Limited Edition), 1900 miles private party 23,000 dollars, he bought the car not 18 months earlier for 30K cause he probably had a bad case of “GOTTOHAVEITNOW” disease. So go ahead and pay 60K plus and I’ll have mine for 35 to 40K in 18 months or so new with rebates etc cause the “GOTTOHAVEITNOW” folks will be gone………
my take is the same thing that happened to the 67 gt500 is happening to the 2007 gt500. I sold my 67 gt500 for 18k. the guy I sold it to just resold it for 226k. hmmm sounds like good investment. its very compliacted whats happening and i have already posted it but the future is looking brighter now for 2007 gt500 then it did when all the fenzy started last year. im keeping mine for the car it is even if it doesnt go up, but if you are thinking you will get one later you will throwing the dice just as much as we are.

when you take into account how much car it is and the shelby and svt name the car could have easily sold for 51k and no one would have beed saying it was over priced. so i just look at it as the 51k im paying is the msrp. ahhh feel better now

·
Registered
150 Posts
mach_1_driver said:
..... I’ll have mine for 35 to 40K in 18 months or so new with rebates etc cause the “GOTTOHAVEITNOW” folks will be gone………
No, you won't... because at those prices, I (and dozens of others) will be there OUTBIDDING YOU.:D ;)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I know what I do like on the above picture... that is that all body panels are painted. The Side molding, the rear valance and it has a side scoop behind the door. I like that. The cars look better when all body parts are painted not just left flat black. I realize that Ford could not do everything single thing to this car or it would have been MSRP 60K but shooting the black plastic the same color as the car would have been nice and cost only a few dollars. You would have the effect of a skirt kit. So now I have to have the body shop I deal with remove it all (except the front lip that is black) and paint to match the car. Not a real big deal but would have been nice to already have. So my vote is I like the shelby above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Michigan and can not come close to ordering one! That sucks. And I am told 15K over MSRP at best. Crazy, I see them all day on trucks coming out of the plant! Sure I seen all the back orders for your cars. At any rate, what is the average purchase price?

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
I live in Michigan and can not come close to ordering one! That sucks. And I am told 15K over MSRP at best. Crazy, I see them all day on trucks coming out of the plant! Sure I seen all the back orders for your cars. At any rate, what is the average purchase price?
It's been awhile since someone dug up an ancient thread & expected a reply from a different decade so here goes.
15k over? That's crazy money! No way.
Hey, how's the wife & kids? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
SLOW Friday night in the South huh?

·
Banned
8,949 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Dan, did you ever find a way to get one/

chirp, chirp, chirp...... chirp....

I guess Dan isn't going to answer.

I wonder if he likes pancakes, I do!

Ken

·
#1 Mike!
8,565 Posts
Actually I'm currently in the West, but yeah.:)
LOL! I'm with Venom on his post! Geeze Doug, we've got to get you to ShelbyFest ASAP before you die of boredom! I'm reading along and saying to myself,"WTF", then I look at the date! Were you doing an archive search? LOL! It is kinda funny to read the posts and know what eventually happened. Kinda like having a time machine! See you at April's end, Doug!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts