Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,551 Posts
They look completely different from each other with the silver one IMO looking the better of the two. Are these different trims?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look completely different from each other with the silver one IMO looking the better of the two. Are these different trims?
Looks like a soft top vs. a hard top to me Eric.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Second post not only has a soft top but huge fender flares and much bigger wheels and tires.

MEH! That's all I have to say about it, unless they can stuff the McDaddy 3.5L Ecoboost in it.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,249 Posts
Hmmmmm, still seems some of their styling is borrowed.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
988 Posts
I believe the first is the Bronco Sport or “baby Bronco”. The second one would be the full size Bronco. If this is actually them it would be the first I’ve seen with no camo. We’ll know for sure within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
366 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
As with the GT500 I will withhold judgement until I see one in person.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
People seem to forget that Ford once OWNED Land Rover and that those designs were under their ownership......so really not borrowing anything.
I wasn't really focused on the vehicle mfr's but the models. The 1st Bronco has a lot of styling trends that both the Range and Land Rovers display. i.e. The Bronco style isn't unique in my eyes. I'm from the days that the Bronco looked like no other model on the road for many years. I rebuilt a 79' and owned an 84' too. Closest thing in style was the Blazer, but they were easily distinguished from each other when seen.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I wasn't really focused on the vehicle mfr's but the models. The 1st Bronco has a lot of styling trends that both the Range and Land Rovers display. i.e. The Bronco style isn't unique in my eyes. I'm from the days that the Bronco looked like no other model on the road for many years. I rebuilt a 79' and owned an 84' too. Closest thing in style was the Blazer, but they were easily distinguished from each other when seen.
Hope that 84’ wasn’t a Bronco II :)

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts
Guys, if you're paying attention, then you'll notice that there is NOTHING shared between the first (blue) and second (silver) trucks shows. As was suggested, the blue one must be the little and the silver one the big. The headlamps are different, grille different, side body sculpting/detail/shape different, etc...

It's like posting a picture of a Camaro and a Mustang, and someone saying "they're not alike, one has bigger wheels and fender flares!" LOL ;)

I don't mind the silver one, it's pretty bold compared to what else you can buy these days. And realize that the Gub'ment has ENORMOUSLY limited the amount of "styling freedom" stylists have today. You have to have certain overhangs, crush-zones, profiles for pedestrian impact, yada yada yada.. If Ford tried to build a Bronco that looked like the original Bronco, it wouldn't make it one inch out of the factory without being "illegal" in a million different ways.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Guys, if you're paying attention, then you'll notice that there is NOTHING shared between the first (blue) and second (silver) trucks shows. As was suggested, the blue one must be the little and the silver one the big. The headlamps are different, grille different, side body sculpting/detail/shape different, etc...
Yeah, I was not paying that much attention, because I was so underwhelmed. I see it now that you've pointed it out. However, it still doesn't stir any interest on my part.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I don't mind the silver one, it's pretty bold compared to what else you can buy these days. And realize that the Gub'ment has ENORMOUSLY limited the amount of "styling freedom" stylists have today. You have to have certain overhangs, crush-zones, profiles for pedestrian impact, yada yada yada.. If Ford tried to build a Bronco that looked like the original Bronco, it wouldn't make it one inch out of the factory without being "illegal" in a million different ways.
I find the full size silver one not too bad either, but the rest of your paragraph is caca. (definition of caca is, I don't like it) :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
The biggest difference between the two, from what I’ve read(I’ve been following since the first rumors), is the Bronco Sport is a unibody riding on the same platform as the new Escape and the Bronco is body on frame. Very anxious to see if the seven speed manual made the cut. The way trends are headed I have my doubts but that alone would put it over the top for me. A must have. Personally I’m more concerned with how it performs off the pavement than how it looks. The first gen never won any beauty contests either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts