Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the pics...nice!

What tires are those and are they the stock size?

What part number are those Ford racing axle-backs?

Drone?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Drone?
The tires are Toyo Proxes T1R's sizes 275/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear. The part number for the exhaust is M52305GT. As for drone, I haven't really driven it enough to find out if it drones yet, I am going to a car show tomorrow, taking the freeway, I will find out if it drones tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The tires are Toyo Proxes T1R's sizes 275/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear. The part number for the exhaust is M52305GT. As for drone, I haven't really driven it enough to find out if it drones yet, I am going to a car show tomorrow, taking the freeway, I will find out if it drones tomorrow.

It has a drone on the highway.Doesn't really bother me but it is there.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like the tread pattern of those Toyos! Very nice!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Drone?
I drove on the freeway today and there is a little drone but only when you are driving in the high RPM's, cruising in 5th or 6th gear at 60mph is tolerable and you can listen to the radio and have a conversation without having to yell.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I love the no-stripes all red!

Not sure about the chrome wheels though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure about the chrome rims either, but hey, it looks great in your driveway! About those 275/40/18's up front... do they rub anywhere? I've felt around inside my front wheel wells and the clearances seem pretty tight up there. Maybe the wheels you chose have a little different offset than the OEM. Do you have the offset specs?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm not sure about the chrome rims either, but hey, it looks great in your driveway! About those 275/40/18's up front... do they rub anywhere? I've felt around inside my front wheel wells and the clearances seem pretty tight up there. Maybe the wheels you chose have a little different offset than the OEM. Do you have the offset specs?
The rims are a 50mm offset and they clear the caliper just fine, there is no rubbing of the tires anywhere up front, there is about an 8th of an inch clearance beetween the tire and the shock, and it does not rub when I turn the wheel in either direction. Plus, the toyo's grip way better than the goodyears IMO.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Well the chrome is easy to clean and I do think it adds something to vehicles I would personally go with chrome rims as long as they are lighter than stock. Rotational weight is a huge killer, racing motorcycles I know all about wheel weight and what a huge difference it made putting rims on my bike that were 20 pounds total for both lighter than stock.. Of course light cost money $1200.00 for 2 rims so I have no problem paying big bucks for the right rims.... just have not found the ones I want yet :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts