Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few of shots of my new car. Even though it's not a DD, I dread keeping it clean (it's my first black car). But it looks great when it IS clean. The first shot is of the car when it was on the showroom floor and still had the white stripes. Removing the stripes was my first mod.

·
Registered
142 Posts
JonW,
Sweet ride .... Welcome to the forum...

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Congrats! She's a beauty.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gotta love a clean black car. Congrats.

I've got an black '03 Cobra convertible and it is a bear to keep clean. There are many different opinions out there as what kind of polish and wax to use. I use Zanio and think it makes the black look great and is pretty durable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gotta love a clean black car. Congrats.

I've got an black '03 Cobra convertible and it is a bear to keep clean. There are many different opinions out there as what kind of polish and wax to use. I use Zanio and think it makes the black look great and is pretty durable.
Black is the hardest to keep clean but is the most beautiful when it is!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6gun, have you ever used Dri-Wash? That's what I'm using on mine. It's a spray cleaner/wax that leaves an awesome finish. That, and a Cal duster, will be getting a good workout :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
6gun, have you ever used Dri-Wash? That's what I'm using on mine. It's a spray cleaner/wax that leaves an awesome finish. That, and a Cal duster, will be getting a good workout :)
I have not. I'll have to try it some time. I do use the California duster though. works good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you decide to try the Dri-Wash. go to driwashsolutions.com. John will treat you right and give you excellent service. It really is a great product. And no, I have no affilitaion with John or the company.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Awesome!!

Welcome to the Black Vert Mafia!

You can call me "Godfather".

:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Awesome!!

Welcome to the Black Vert Mafia!

You can call me "Godfather".

:D

She's a beauty Joe. I had one just like it to go with the coupe (long story).

Sold it to some folks from Chicago. Only 250 miles on it.

Considering a 08 Z06 ot an 09 Challenger to replace it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome aboard like your color choice. I have used Dri Wash but since I have used Wizzards I won't use anything else. I have had all black vehicles and Wizzards seems to be the best I ever used on them.
http://www.wizardsproducts.com/

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
She's a beauty Joe. I had one just like it to go with the coupe (long story).

Sold it to some folks from Chicago. Only 250 miles on it.
Thanks. At least you still have one GT500 to enjoy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats, on the Vert. From a man that knows, I have a 01 COBRA vert and 08 GT500 COUPE both Black. To the store you go, Micro Fiber Cloths(Never have to many:D ) Try the Turtle Wax ICE. I have never been more impressed how quick and easy it goes on and buffs in. Don't forget to do your SHELBY letters on the trunk lid.:) BLACK cars look best:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice car although Black can be a pain to keep up, I also have 1 black car and although it is very small I constantly seem to be wiping it off, it's like a dust magnet.. need some type of wax to repel dirt..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Nice car although Black can be a pain to keep up, I also have 1 black car and although it is very small I constantly seem to be wiping it off, it's like a dust magnet.. need some type of wax to repel dirt..
This is my first black car.

Was scared about keeping it up as well.

I use the new ICE wax (liquid version) - best I've ever used, and I've tried many, even the real expensive ones.

Easy on, easy off. Nice shine. No white stuff if it gets on the black plastic - it actually makes the black plastic shine even better!

I love it - and would recommend anyone at least try it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For a quick detail, this stuff is hard to beat: http://www.formula113wax.com Their detail spray is great stuff. I mix it half and half with distilled water and it still works great. Plus, you can use it on the windows, headlights, trim... everything but tires. And you can use it in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats. on your new ride. Awesome looking when clean. My favorite color!

DC

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats. JonW

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts