Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, the 40th Anniversary GT500 is a "conversion" that will be done by SAI on only 1000 cars.

fast-autos.net/vehicles/Ford/2007/Shelby_Mustang_GT500_40th_Anniversary/

And this link shows the 3 SEMA GT500s that Ford brought:

autoblog.com/2006/10/31/sema-fords-builds-a-gt500-for-street-strip-and-scary-track-dri/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Apparently, the 40th Anniversary GT500 is a "conversion" that will be done by SAI on only 1000 cars.

fast-autos.net/vehicles/Ford/2007/Shelby_Mustang_GT500_40th_Anniversary/

And this link shows the 3 SEMA GT500s that Ford brought:

autoblog.com/2006/10/31/sema-fords-builds-a-gt500-for-street-strip-and-scary-track-dri/
those links arent working.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
damn that does look sweet, I like it, black wheels and all. Wonder what they did to the inside. I am guessing the side stripe and the LeMans stripes are part of the package since you cant get the over the top on the convertible from the factory. Does anyone know cost for this package yet?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
damn that does look sweet, I like it, black wheels and all. Wonder what they did to the inside. I am guessing the side stripe and the LeMans stripes are part of the package since you cant get the over the top on the convertible from the factory. Does anyone know cost for this package yet?
It states in the write-up that pricing won't be ready until year-end.

Dave

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Now I see what 07 was referring to on the centering on the Shelby name as being reserved for Carroll Shelby. Now I see why our Shelby's have his name offset to the left rear deck as opposed to the concept car having it centered.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Now I see what 07 was referring to on the centering on the Shelby name as being reserved for Carroll Shelby. Now I see why our Shelby's have his name offset to the left rear deck as opposed to the concept car having it centered.

You are correct Sir!It's all about money.When they sit down and write these contracts I can't imagine how they process all the do's and don'ts.You can use my name for the GT500 but not the GT Shelby.You can do the Hertz but not the California Special but we can use some Shelby parts like we did before.You can put my name on the left but not the center of the deck lid.Until now they were sueing each other for the last 35 years.But like my 2nd sentence says it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.I am really glad they kissed and made up because I really like my Shelby............07.......................

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys, just got back from SEMA & it was a blast. You have already seen the 40th Anniversary GT500 but I have a few more shots to share & even a couple of the man himself Carroll Shelby. Enjoy.........PC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts