Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the GPS Touchscreen Nav System or can post a pic. I finally got a call from my dealer and he placed my order (w/Nav system), a VIN will be coming soon!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Has anyone seen the GPS Touchscreen Nav System or can post a pic. I finally got a call from my dealer and he placed my order (w/Nav system), a VIN will be coming soon!

Yes I have seen it.It is a combination nav/shaker 500 stereo unit.It is approximately 6" x 4" with all the control buttons around the perimeter of the unit.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 07 ... I did a little more research and found a pic of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder if this can be easily added to our cars? I know there are better aftermarket units but I like the factory look.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I wonder if this can be easily added to our cars? I know there are better aftermarket units but I like the factory look.

Yes it is a direct replacement.I checked into this months ago.Even the wiring harness is the same,great.Take out the Shaker 500/Shaker 1000 and the nav system/Shaker 500 is a direct replacement,in the same IP.The only difference is there is another short antenna that clips inside the IP to the nav/Shaker 500 unit.So yes for $1900.00 you can have one too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ouch! $1900 eh? Is that what it adds to the sticker? Where is the GPS antenna mounted...the trunk?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My original order included the Shaker 1000 but since the GPS NAV is only with the Shaker 500 the price difference was an added $600.00. That is easier to swallow than $1900.00

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My original order included the Shaker 1000 but since the GPS NAV is only with the Shaker 500 the price difference was an added $600.00. That is easier to swallow than $1900.00
Bottom line is it still cost you $1,900.:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand what the total cost is...but I'm just trying to justify it to myself to make the increase cost pain a little easier.

·
Registered
257 Posts
$1900 Yikes!! I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a NAV system is good for? I think most people know their destination before they begin their journey...Maybe I'm just old skool or feel free to call me stupid, but I can do a lot of Mapquesting for the $10/month I pay my ISP...What's next, GT500's with a computer voice that tells us where to turn?...for christ sakes, this isn't going to jeopardize its modern day muscle car status is it? I don't know how someone could balk at an ADM, but be willing to spring for an option like this...What gives? :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
I won't be putting a navigation system in my Shelby - it just seems wrong to have a navigation system in a muscle car - however, I do have one in my every day driver, and although I don't use it a lot when I'm driving around town, I still find it helpful knowing when a certain intersection is coming up or if I need directions to a restaurant or an unknown address.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have to agree that it seems out of place in the Shelby, but I do like the idea of it. My feeling is, I would never, ever get $1900 use out of it in the Shelby! If it had been $190, I might have reconsidered it!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ouch! $1900 eh? Is that what it adds to the sticker? Where is the GPS antenna mounted...the trunk?

The antenna is mounted inside the IP above the nav/shaker 500.There is a plastic snap that the antenna lays in horizontally.This snap is not on the 2007 but is on the 2007 1/2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to my dealer to see if they would/could access the comboNav/sirius/AMFMCD unit and install it.They said they could install it but didn't know where to access it.Anybody know where to order the unit from?Live in Canada.I have the Shaker 500 in the Shelby .Tx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$1900 Yikes!! I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a NAV system is good for? I think most people know their destination before they begin their journey...Maybe I'm just old skool or feel free to call me stupid, but I can do a lot of Mapquesting for the $10/month I pay my ISP...What's next, GT500's with a computer voice that tells us where to turn?...for christ sakes, this isn't going to jeopardize its modern day muscle car status is it? I don't know how someone could balk at an ADM, but be willing to spring for an option like this...What gives? :p
For me, I like the old school concept of the GT500 and ability to add some of the latest technology. Personally, I didn't do it because I can't read or map or use Mapquest, but because this little added feature shows the advancement of this great vehicle in this technological age. A subtle difference between what's on the road today to what will be on the road in the near future. I like it!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm not getting the nav system because getting lost means more time behind the wheel! :D :D :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Does this Nav system compete with the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD/30GB Hard Drive Navigation/7Inch LCD

·
Registered
17 Posts
SN8: from what I've read - this is the same system as in the Exploders. In other words POS. No way it will compete with the Z1 or even more so the new Z2. Those have traffic updates, ipod controls and video playback. And lookwise- possibly even better than these. All for same or less money!

·
Registered
110 Posts
SN8: from what I've read - this is the same system as in the Exploders. In other words POS. No way it will compete with the Z1 or even more so the new Z2. Those have traffic updates, ipod controls and video playback. And lookwise- possibly even better than these. All for same or less money!
So you have seen an 07 Explorer with this unit?

The other year explorer units may not have been so great but were not DVD based as is the 07 Shelby

again sounds like my cousins uncles neighbors cats sisters dogs grandmother said

1 - 20 of 28 Posts