Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brenda and I went out to AAI on Saturday for a little car show/lunch/tour of the facility and had a wonderful time. Here's a small sampling of the few cars that were out there. A little old a little new. It would have been really cool if I would have had my old Mach 1 here in MI as we could have brought them both out to have the old/new Mach 1's too! :)

Fred's (07 Shelby) car and my car.

My car.

Cool shot of Fred's car.

A 30k mile original '69 GT500 and a shot of the venerable Cobra Jet engine!

And lastly a '69 Cougar Eliminator with a 351-4V

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice pictures Jeff.That 1969 GT500 was a nice car.It also leaked a variety of fluids.You should see the sidewalk and the street where it was parked.There are fluids from the front of the car back to the rear seats on the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Great pictures Jeff. What a shame the old one leaked...i'd be fixing that crap. Both yours and Fred's look great.
Thanks Keith,it was a fun day.:info-smilie:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. We had a really good time out there and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I should have offered to take that leaking Shelby off the owner's hands! I can't say too much though because the rear seal leaks in my 427 in my old Mach 1 too, but it doesn't leave any leaks that extensive under it, just a few drops here and there. The FE's are great engines, but the design of that rear seal is terrible. I've yet to get one to not leak for any length of time after a rebuild. However, my FE engines go from the engine stand, to the car for cam break in and then get run on the dragstrip right after that. There's no babying of them! :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's another cool pic of the front of Fred's car! :) I love the Cobra emblems. I even put two of them from on the sides of my '70 Mach 1 and another in the interior on the passenger dash about 10 years ago when the 427 was slipped in between it's shock towers. It was only fitting that it was wearing some Cobra badging at that point with that engine under the hood.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is unfortunate that the new ones are plastic, but on the bright side in 30 years they should still look new whereas many of the original ones need to be replaced because they develop pock marks etc in the pot metal. It is surprising that with all the plastic on new cars that they weigh so much! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
It is unfortunate that the new ones are plastic, but on the bright side in 30 years they should still look new whereas many of the original ones need to be replaced because they develop pock marks etc in the pot metal. It is surprising that with all the plastic on new cars that they weigh so much! :)
We are working on that here =)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
great Pix Jeff. I really liked the 69 Cougar Elimanator photos. As a teen, my first car was a 69 Cougar hardtop in LIME GREEN (with black vinyl roof) but only with a stock 351 Windsor engine . Brings back m emories. thx.
KMB

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks KMB. You see few classic Cougars and even fewer Cougar Eliminators. That was definitely a rare car and it was in great condition too. The stock 351w engine was a little runner especially with a 4 barrel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Look like a very nice car show!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts