Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a nice sunny day to try the Zaino treatment... Alloy clearcoat metallic w/tungsten side stripes... the chemists at Zaino make some incredible stuff, the finish now looks like liquid metal. A couple of people here had requested more pics of Alloy....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very sharp!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
PDK,

By far the best colour combo.

Those shots look awesome!

I'm 100% convinced of my colour choice.

Thanks for sharing.

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Very nice. That was my first choice, but changed my mind and went with the fastest color. High Performance White.:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice pictures,nice car!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Zaino rocks!!! Your car is looking great :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car looks really good!! I like that color as well. I've seen a few up here at the shop, mostly white with different stripes.

And I'm a believer in the Zaino stuff as well. Took a weekend out of my life when my old '03 F150 SuperCrew was brand new, had the Blue Metallic and it looked liquid as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks GREAT!!! Nice work! Almost makes me want to switch from what I'm using... LOL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks everybody for the comments.....Funny thing is that I only used 2 steps of the Zaino products. After a wash, I did only:
  • Z-2 Pro polish with ZFX accelerator....followed by....
  • Z-5 Gloss Enhancer
..and that's it.

I imagine that the Prez will fully school us on the entire Zaino system---looking around pic gallery section and found this> http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=6...
the poor guy... these delivery people are sadistic...stop the insanity & give the man his car! :mad:

Couple more pics-

·
Registered
73 Posts
wife is liking this the best from pics i've shown her,

we may be switching colors lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Alloy is a great color...but Vista Blue is faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alloy is a great color...but Vista Blue is faster.
you have some more pics of yours, i'd like to have more of the blue to show her

she's stopping by work today to look at an alloy and blue gt next to each other

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
you have some more pics of yours, i'd like to have more of the blue to show her

she's stopping by work today to look at an alloy and blue gt next to each other
More pics, including Blue next to Alloy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Prez,

Do you know if those are the 20" Razors on the Alloy coupe?
Yep, they are. I really like them, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. The clearance from the brembos is so slight, it makes me nervous. You can barely slip a fingernail between the rim and the caliper. American Racing said the clearance is fine, but it is tight.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yep, they are. I really like them, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. The clearance from the brembos is so slight, it makes me nervous. You can barely slip a fingernail between the rim and the caliper. American Racing said the clearance is fine, but it is tight.
The clearance is tight on the 20" rims? If that is true, then I won't even consider the 18" Razors. I was hoping they would fit, as I don't want to go to 20s. I'll hold out hope that the Steeda Ultra Lites in 18" will clear. Somehow I doubt it, though.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The clearance is tight on the 20" rims? If that is true, then I won't even consider the 18" Razors. I was hoping they would fit, as I don't want to go to 20s. I'll hold out hope that the Steeda Ultra Lites in 18" will clear. Somehow I doubt it, though.
Yeah, the 18" Razors definitely do not fit. They hit the brembos.

It sure is hard to find aftermarket wheels for the Shelby. You'd think wheel manufacturers would be jumping at the chance to put out product for this car. I don't get it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
imo the car needs 20's, i had 20's on my gt i just sold and thought they looked right at home

1 - 20 of 28 Posts