Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up Wednesday in Western Kentucky with 5.1 miles on it. We took some pics, signed the papers, then I pulled it out of the show room. I took it out onto the main road and layed into it, nothing. I knew that it took some miles and/or key cycles for boost to come on, just like 03/04 Cobras. After a few more miles I got some boost. I drove a customers car about 6 months ago, and I forgot how quick they really are even stock.

Red/white with the only options being sirius radio and GT500 trim package. I have been seriously looking for about 3 weeks. A very small Ford dealer had ordered the car for a local customer, it finally came in last week. The car took so long that the original customer no longer wanted it (he bought a Vette, don't hate, I seriously considered it). I payed a premium for it $51,000+++, but still feel I got a decent deal.

Yes that is a VMP X2 plugged into it on the showroom floor.

I drove it 200 miles from KY to TN where I was staying with a friend. Then packed it up and trailer it the 650 miles back to Florida.

Everyone is wondering what my plans are for it. I will definitely make it faster than my V6. I will be doing a VMP tune, VMP intake, and 2.6 pulley this week. Then it's time to think about blower swaps. Eventually a TT kit will be in order. Sometime inbetween I am thinking about 3.73s and a driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I picked it up Wednesday in Western Kentucky with 5.1 miles on it. We took some pics, signed the papers, then I pulled it out of the show room. I took it out onto the main road and layed into it, nothing. I knew that it took some miles and/or key cycles for boost to come on, just like 03/04 Cobras. After a few more miles I got some boost. I drove a customers car about 6 months ago, and I forgot how quick they really are even stock.

Red/white with the only options being sirius radio and GT500 trim package. I have been seriously looking for about 3 weeks. A very small Ford dealer had ordered the car for a local customer, it finally came in last week. The car took so long that the original customer no longer wanted it (he bought a Vette, don't hate, I seriously considered it). I payed a premium for it $51,000+++, but still feel I got a decent deal.

Yes that is a VMP X2 plugged into it on the showroom floor.

I drove it 200 miles from KY to TN where I was staying with a friend. Then packed it up and trailer it the 650 miles back to Florida.

Everyone is wondering what my plans are for it. I will definitely make it faster than my V6. I will be doing a VMP tune, VMP intake, and 2.6 pulley this week. Then it's time to think about blower swaps. Eventually a TT kit will be in order. Sometime inbetween I am thinking about 3.73s and a driveshaft.

Congrats Justin.That is 1 nice ride you got there.I love the color.Keep us updated.Really would like to know what you do to your car.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats, Justin!!!!

Not even off the showroom florr, and you're already loading the tune. Beautiful! :D :D :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats Justin! [email protected] looks good on that trailer with brother tow F truck.
You got a good deal on it, funny during my nine month wait I almost bailed out on my GT500 order when I had a great offer of low mileage 06Porsche 911, also almost went for a Viper...glad I didn't.... I can go get either one of those anytime!

Looking forward to hearing about mods, hopefully you're able to do before/after dynos.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Congrats Justin, nice ride. How do you like second gear?:rolleyes: Would like to know your opinion.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats Justin, nice ride. How do you like second gear?:rolleyes: Would like to know your opinion.
LOL! You're killing me over here! :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You ain't seen nothin yet.:D :D Wait till Romeo.:eek:
I can't wait! Are you going to bring your busted up syncros in an old, rusty coffee can and give them back to Ford? :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I can't wait! Are you going to bring your busted up syncros in an old, rusty coffee can and give them back to Ford? :D
All depends on my progress between now and then. I am shooting for a new tranny and the poopy one for all to sign and see.:p Only time will tell.:confused: Will keep all posted as to my saga. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats Justin! Welcome to the "family"! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered one yesterday, I will be doing some testing next week and coming up with a good tune. FYI, the numbers that steedas posts are incredibly inflated.
Thats why I have waited to buy one. But the CAI itself looks good and should breathe good. Im just down the road from you and will run up to your place when you have more info on it. Some guys on stangsunleashed have put Steeda's tune and CAI on and it ran very lean.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks guys, I will be dynoing it quite a bit, after I get a few more miles on it.

Trans feels real good to me.
Justin

Glad that you really are part of the neighborhood now. How much better can it be to have a tuner on board with paper work. Looking forward to your post and hints. (HINTS HINTS HINTS)

Welcome

ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
10k addendum, didn't think they did addendums back then. Cool to take a trip back in time.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Re: Re: Picked my GT500 up in Kentucky

10k addendum, didn't think they did addendums back then. Cool to take a trip back in time.
I'm assuming that was May 07 (since they weren't built til June 06). It was highly unusual to find one with less than 10k on it. Many at twice that. And they sold.

No one knew they were making 10,000 cars.

Bj

Pls contact me via email, not PM. [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts