Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one or see one can you snap a pic and upload here for me? I have to decide which to do and I need some pics..other than the ones on the web..in perfect lighting and setting.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Here is mine coming off the truck at the dealer... best representation of my Kona/Silver that I have, although car is wet... I will see if I can get some better pics this weekend after I clean her up a bit.

KONA is the nicest color I have seen so far, but then I'm a bit biased. The metallic flake in it is just fantastic

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good looking car, goldgus. I'm trying to decide in the blue/slv stripe vs the grey/slv stripe. I am partial to blue but just can't decide. It will be a few more months before I order so I'm going to keep scratching my head on it. Love the car though!!!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Good looking car, goldgus. I'm trying to decide in the blue/slv stripe vs the grey/slv stripe. I am partial to blue but just can't decide. It will be a few more months before I order so I'm going to keep scratching my head on it. Love the car though!!!
Funny, I had chosen The Sterling/silver, and then when I saw a Mustang GT in the Kona, I ran in and changed my mind. No regrets, this car really turns heads. I will post up some 'clean" pics this weekend when I wax her...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good deal!! I can't wait to see them. I'll probably end up with your color scheme on a coupe. I have to give the grey a good looking though. I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow to do a little window shopping and talk with them about pricing.

As for the first post. Definitely go with kona blue over grabber. I've seen both and the grabber just didn't fancy my tastes at all. The kona is a much tougher look. Baby blue just doesn't strike me as a mean car. I know it's a classic color and that may be why it doesn't fancy my 23yr old tastes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks goldgus! Nice car! Those stripes like white in the pic off of the truck....can't believe they are silver. I think I want white stripes however I would take either. So you have a gray interior? If you can get some pics of the rest of the car inside and out that would be nice.

Yeah...as far as color I am leaning towards the Kona Blue but, the Grabber apparently will be unique. Not alot out there so that also intrigues me!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kona blue is beautiful, IMO. I got the '09 vista blue myself.

bonefish, if I were you, I would get the kona blue.
Kind of in agreement as I liked the Sonic Blue in 03..vista blue in 09 and the Kona Blue. Never had a blue car and always liked them...so..it is looking like that will be the choice. As soon as I saw the Kona I liked it...but, the grabber got my attention a bit too..so, it is probably going to be Kona all the way.

Now..do I add Nav..which I really want..and the HID..along with the car cover. I have a garage but, I think the car cover may be nice to have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kona Blue is stunning in person. Saw it on a Roush 2010 427R with the white hockey stripes . Kona blue all the way.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Well, I own the Grabber Blue. I too was attracted to the Kona, so was the family and kids. But when we saw the Grabber we feel in love. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

My personal arguement/decission maker is that the car is unique to begin with might as well go with a color that is just as unique.

NOT SAYING that Kona Blue is a bad color,

Just my two cent's. Well I guess that I am biased now. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't seen the Kona blue in person but when I saw my grabber blue with red stripes it sucked me in. The pictures online of the combo don't give it justice. Either way you pick, try to see it in person first.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I own the Grabber Blue. I too was attracted to the Kona, so was the family and kids. But when we saw the Grabber we feel in love. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

My personal arguement/decission maker is that the car is unique to begin with might as well go with a color that is just as unique.

NOT SAYING that Kona Blue is a bad color,

Just my two cent's. Well I guess that I am biased now. :)
I think I want Kona but, I agree with you 100%. I already see too many Kona Blue's. There are 2 in my area already. I hate having the color everyone has..however it is a beautiful color...as I think the Grabber is too. I am going to take either one I can get...unless I order one..then I'll probably go Kona with Grabber as second. I still have some time to go back and forth.

I need to see if I can find some of these colors where I can see them in person...it may as you note...make a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts