Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic from Detroit. Notice they've added a front lip spoiler in black since we saw the car a year ago. That's the only obvious change I've seen.

Anyone know a good contact to order one of these in the midwest? I live near Cincinnati, OH.

Dave

:cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
The "shelby" letters on the trunk last year went the full width of the trunk. This new
version, the letters are all on the drivers side. Also, the center brake light is now in
the trunk lid which is probably why they moved the letters to the side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
2005ROUSH said:
The "shelby" letters on the trunk last year went the full width of the trunk. This new
version, the letters are all on the drivers side. Also, the center brake light is now in
the trunk lid which is probably why they moved the letters to the side.
Yeah I think that change kinda sucks. The '03/'04 snakes have the rear wing integrated 3rd brake light. I realilze ford saves money by being able to use the same trunk lid on all models, but c'mon, those spaced out S H E L B Y letters looked HOT!!!!!!!!:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
2005ROUSH said:
The "shelby" letters on the trunk last year went the full width of the trunk. This new
version, the letters are all on the drivers side. Also, the center brake light is now in
the trunk lid which is probably why they moved the letters to the side.
I heard they moved the letters to the side because of the vinyl stripes. If they would paint the stripes on like everyone seems to want, they could put them across the center.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
guy's ford saved allot of money that way! I like all acros but they left the brake light like the mustang gt.So they moved the letter's over instead of acros.If they went acros they would have to fill the brakelight hole and make in and throgh the rear wing:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
rpretzel said:
I heard they moved the letters to the side because of the vinyl stripes. If they would paint the stripes on like everyone seems to want, they could put them across the center.
Two things to consider.
Number 1, on the new Hertz Shelby GT-H Mustang, the Shelby logo is centered right below the rear brake light. The logo is on top of the vinyl stripe which is gold. Naturally the car is black as it was in 66. The Shelby logo on the Hertz GT-H is smaller than on the Shelby prototype but larger than on the finalized version.
Number 2, the painted stripe is an option on the Ford GT (not to be confused with Mustang GT) The option is $5300. Anybody feel like paying $5300 for a painted stripe?

Doug
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Shelby Automotive is making the Hertz version of the Shelby GT350H.They are not made at Ford.It is a Mustang GT with mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Shelby Automotive is making the Hertz version of the Shelby GT350H.They are not made at Ford.It is a Mustang GT with mods.
Right you are! :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top