Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a "performance thread" hence in the general discussion section....hope it is okay.

Anyway just on the tip of barely starting to mod my car and had a case of insomnia last night so went about online and was about to order a JLT CF intake directly from JLT (prefer to piece meal my mods vs getting staged packages). Right before I was about to add to item to my car I notice this below the part advertised:

*This product is NOT CARB (California Air Resource Board) Exempt. It is not for legal sale or use in the state of CA or any other states adopting CA emission standards and require a CA Executive Order (EO) number. Any orders placed for this item with a CA ship to address will be cancelled.

I sent a followup email to JLT and they advised they could ship the part ANYWHERE else except to California, but would not be responsible for the package afterwards.

What the heck? Has it gotten so bad that a simple intake tube cannot be sent just because it does not have a EO number? Just wow..

·
Registered
130 Posts
In a word...YES, it is that bad and only getting worse. Thank the liberals who rule California with an iron fist for that. All the more reason to VOTE before even more of your freedoms are eroded. Nearly everything is illegal in CA, and IL and NY aren't too far behind.

...or, you could vote with your feet, and move the hell out of that sh**hole of a state :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a word...YES, it is that bad and only getting worse. Thank the liberals who rule California with an iron fist for that. All the more reason to VOTE before even more of your freedoms are eroded. Nearly everything is illegal in CA, and IL and NY aren't too far behind.

...or, you could vote with your feet, and move the hell out of that sh**hole of a state :)
I lived in CA all my life (except when overseas in Asia), but now that I am grounded more at home nowadays I can see why people are exploring other options on where to live (especially if you are a car guy). Plus who wants to pay $1.5 million+ for a house when you can get a bigger/better/better neighborhood house in a different state for less than $400k...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I lived in CA all my life (except when overseas in Asia), but now that I am grounded more at home nowadays I can see why people are exploring other options on where to live (especially if you are a car guy). Plus who wants to pay $1.5 million+ for a house when you can get a bigger/better/better neighborhood house in a different state for less than $400k...
This is why CA, IL, and NY are actually losing population. Every day, hundreds move away. Meanwhile, Texas, Florida, and other red states are positively booming with growth! Look at Oklahoma, North Dakota, Texas, Florida, etc. All red states, and all booming! It's not a coincidence that they all have lower taxes and less regulation, as well as booming businesses.

What's crazy is that 40-50 years ago, that was CA and Washington! That's what drove the development of Silicon Valley and Washington state and all those giant corporations like Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. Now those same states' real estate values are through the roof, and regulations and taxes are insane. The only thing keeping CA afloat is that it is too expensive for those billion dollar companies to move their giant campuses and workforces elsewhere...and if we hadn't lowered the corporate tax rate, who knows...most might have left the country.

So, if I were you, I'd find a way to move out of that sh**hole of a state...I, personally, can't wait to move out of the Democratic People's Republic of Illinois.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a sad note..was in comunication with Van at Revan Racing and he advised me that LUND would not/could not do a tune for me simply for the fact that I was located in CA. Was going to order the tuner/tb/jlt/tune from them (seemed to have decent prices), but if they cannot even give me a tune or ship the parts to me then that is a show stopper....going to have to source parts from somewhere else locally if that is even possible.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
186 Posts
On a sad note..was in comunication with Van at Revan Racing and he advised me that LUND would not/could not do a tune for me simply for the fact that I was located in CA. Was going to order the tuner/tb/jlt/tune from them (seemed to have decent prices), but if they cannot even give me a tune or ship the parts to me then that is a show stopper....going to have to source parts from somewhere else locally if that is even possible.
I bought an SCT 4 tuner from eBay, which is also illegal in this BS state, no problem. Also bought an illegal throttle body from Summit and as long as I answered their questions to being operated off road they sent it to me no problem. Or maybe if you have relatives in another state you can have all shipped there and sent to you. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,984 Posts
I see pics of cities in Ca. on the news, I am amazed that tax payers put up with that !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought an SCT 4 tuner from eBay, which is also illegal in this BS state, no problem. Also bought an illegal throttle body from Summit and as long as I answered their questions to being operated off road they sent it to me no problem. Or maybe if you have relatives in another state you can have all shipped there and sent to you. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Just a thought.
I will probably go that route. I have found some outfits that will "sell" me a SCT and some parts, but I will have to sign a waiver. I am headed out to Columbus this year for some work training...perhaps I will time some of my purchases while I am out there.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,919 Posts
I agree with the assessment of California. It really is a shame because it is one of the most geographically beautiful States in the union. So many choices for weather changes and gorgeous scenery. Been there several times over the years and drove the Pacific coast highway twice. As said, over the more recent years it's been on the radical side of politics and especially vehicular laws. I've never understood why the residents continue to vote in politicians who continue to mismanage and squander the State's wealth on cutting edge wastefulness! The State has continually stepped outside of the "common sense" way of dealing with issues and solving problems that are so easily remedied with simple decisions. How many times have I read or seen some news that prompts me to say "only in California!"

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is called voting the pocketbook. With so many freeloading scum there they will continue to vote for those giving them the most. Hell they are on the verge of giving the illegal infestation free health care.

·
Registered
2011 GT500 SVTPP - Gen 1 TVS, 2.6" pulley, JLT CAI, Borla ATAK
497 Posts
This is why CA, IL, and NY are actually losing population. Every day, hundreds move away. Meanwhile, Texas, Florida, and other red states are positively booming with growth! Look at Oklahoma, North Dakota, Texas, Florida, etc. All red states, and all booming! It's not a coincidence that they all have lower taxes and less regulation, as well as booming businesses.

What's crazy is that 40-50 years ago, that was CA and Washington! That's what drove the development of Silicon Valley and Washington state and all those giant corporations like Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. Now those same states' real estate values are through the roof, and regulations and taxes are insane. The only thing keeping CA afloat is that it is too expensive for those billion dollar companies to move their giant campuses and workforces elsewhere...and if we hadn't lowered the corporate tax rate, who knows...most might have left the country.

So, if I were you, I'd find a way to move out of that sh**hole of a state...I, personally, can't wait to move out of the Democratic People's Republic of Illinois.
Not sure where you got that NY was losing population. Growth over time is positive, including 2019 (though it is a bit slow this year).

California is also growing in 2019

As is Washington

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It is called voting the pocketbook. With so many freeloading scum there they will continue to vote for those giving them the most. Hell they are on the verge of giving the illegal infestation free health care.
I understand (and support) voting with your feet/pocketbook. Unfortunately, however, too many relocating from places like CA, NY, IL, CT, etc continue voting for the same kind of politicians who ruined the states they're fleeing when they arrive in their new homes. (Nothing like expecting different results while repeating the same mistakes...) Here is CO, we refer to it as Californication.:sick:

Lived in Washington for 53 years. It's been ruined by the Marxists as well.

We adopt nearly all California's laws. 🤢
CO has been on this path for years. Sadly, our pace went from a forced march to an all-out sprint following the last election. :mad:

Not sure where you got that NY was losing population. Growth over time is positive, including 2019 (though it is a bit slow this year).
Probably more accurate to say states like CA, NY, IL, CT, etc are losing AFFLUENT population. I've read several reports on their rabid attempts to recoup tax revenues lost to such migration (e.g., confirming where pets "reside," where peoples' primary medical/dental providers are located, what's in their refrigerators, etc). How dare the "rich" try to shield more of their money from government redistribution schemes...? :oops:

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
61 Posts
I understand (and support) voting with your feet/pocketbook. Unfortunately, however, too many relocating from places like CA, NY, IL, CT, etc continue voting for the same kind of politicians who ruined the states they're fleeing when they arrive in their new homes. (Nothing like expecting different results while repeating the same mistakes...) Here is CO, we refer to it as Californication.:sick:

CO has been on this path for years. Sadly, our pace went from a forced march to an all-out sprint following the last election. :mad:

Probably more accurate to say states like CA, NY, IL, CT, etc are losing AFFLUENT population. I've read several reports on their rabid attempts to recoup tax revenues lost to such migration (e.g., confirming where pets "reside," where peoples' primary medical/dental providers are located, what's in their refrigerators, etc). How dare the "rich" try to shield more of their money from government redistribution schemes...? :oops:
NY has only been gaining population downstate. We who are living in upstate NY continue to lose population to high taxes(the highest in the nation per home value) and lack of good paying jobs. In Binghamton, the best paying jobs are in the healthcare business or working for the govt' in the local universities (heavily supported by the taxpayers) Many of us fight to make an OK living, but this is where family is and that is what keeps us here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have lived in this POS state (CA) since 1982 and it wasn't bad then, but now it just plain sucks and it's getting worse every year and population is increasing, not decreasing. The amount of money wasted in this state, by the state, is unbelievable. And when they run out of money then just raise the taxes. We'll pay it no problem. It's all about the almighty dollar and you can bet that every time some new stupid law passes, which is most of them like the AB 1824 (95 decibel limit exhaust law), someone is lining their pockets. Jerry Brown was governor in the '80's and he was worthless. Guess who the governor is now. If you said Jerry Brown you are correct and he's still just as worthless if not more so!!! They want to give driver licenses to 1.4 million illegals. If you are an illegal come over here and be treated like a king. You don't have to pay any taxes because you only work for cash and if you do for some unknown reason file taxes and you/re married then you can file separate returns so both the husband and wife can claim the same kids of which there are always plenty!!! I used to be a Loan Officer so I know. If you want to commit a crime then come over here. The likelihood of you getting caught is slim to none. If you are a celebrity in this state then you have it made. Just ask OJ or Robert Blake!!! End of Rant.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think Gavin Newsom is making Brown look like a conservative.
I stand corrected on the current governor. I dislike politics in general, but more so in this state and had not realized that Brown was out as of Jan. 2019 and you may be right about Newsom.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts