Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 GT500 bought Aug 30th 07 with 3200 miles on it and a few stripes are peeling. The 2 lower front bumper ones, and the rear passenger side by the faux gas cap. My dealer is telling me that they will not replace them under warranty as the stripes are an "Accessory" and that "Acessory" are only covered for 1 year 12k miles. Just wondering how to find out where to find a regioal service Rep. So i can have this taken care of. I also had a few questions for my dealer and they really had no interest in checking anything out that i mentioned.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is absolutely a warrantable item, I have had a few sections replaced for me under warranty.

Now if they can detect the stripes are peeling due to customer abuse, then no... they will not cover them, so be sure how they are evaluating the situation.

I would go to a different dealer and try your luck there.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I agree with Bandit. Your stripes should be covered for more than 1 year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called Ford today to try and get a service rep for my area and they pretty much blew me off by telling me.

"Ford dosent cover paint, trim, exterior aesthetics under any warrenty"

So yea the lady just told me they cant help with anything and that if the service manager wanted to do it to be nice he could but didnt have to if he didnt want to. Thanks Ford.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
This is just a stripe issue. Think about a tranny, clutch and flywheel issue? My best to your quest. For those who remember. SECOND GEAR! What else can I say than just another martini moment.:) Where are you 07?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to 3 different dealers they all said that they would have to contact Shelby and send them pics to see if they would cover this,(even though the car has nothing to do with Shelby). When i said it was a Ford part they all looked at me like i was an idiot. Then they all pretty much said they want nothing to do with it and to contact the dealer i bought the car from and have them take care of it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
so far the only thing im seeing they went cheap on the car are the stripes they should of been painted on,my 08 viper has gorgeous durable set of stripes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
so far the only thing im seeing they went cheap on the car are the stripes they should of been painted on,my 08 viper has gorgeous durable set of stripes.
And you paid how much for the Viper???

The stripe was not an option on my '08-std--the stripe delete was an option. Asked my service manager-not where is bought her-but where she is serviced-said-yea-if it came with stripes from factory-then its a warantee item. Then, OTOH, good excuse to have some flame stripes painted on !:thinkerg:

·
Registered
121 Posts
my viper at the time of purchase was 94k but now same car brand new is 25k under sticker but i still feel the stripes should have been better quality on the gt500.otherwise love the car,on my 08 gt500 it was an option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts