Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP Carbonized Metallic
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Pedal Commander on my 2016 Dodge Ram Diesel 2500HD since a diesel truck without a tune somewhat lags on takeoff.
Holy Cow what a difference ! I run it in Sport Plus mode . Basically a 5 min install that allows quicker access to existing HP without all of the lag in stock delayed throttle response .
No additional HP or torque gains but holy cow what a difference for $260 .

Wondering how this would work on the 2021 GT 500 ??????????

Well worth the money guys !

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,018 Posts
My truck and the wife's Camaro have to telegram Detroit to ask permission to accelerate we we get on it.

I have watched the Pedal Commander promo videos and wondered if it was effective as promised. Good to hear real world experiences.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
279 Posts
Haven't heard any of the tuners mention throttle remapping, but then I haven't really noticed much throttle tip-in lag on the GT500 in Sport/Track? It was very prevalent with Gen 4/5 Vipers as Dodge introduced an artificial delay as a form of safety mechanism for inexperienced drivers. A flashed PCM fixed it.

Glad Ford didn't do that...

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts
Haven't heard any of the tuners mention throttle remapping, but then I haven't really noticed much throttle tip-in lag on the GT500 in Sport/Track? It was very prevalent with Gen 4/5 Vipers as Dodge introduced an artificial delay as a form of safety mechanism for inexperienced drivers. A flashed PCM fixed it.

Glad Ford didn't do that...
Yes! The 2020+ GT500 gets “twitchy” in sport/track. I couldn’t imagine the throttle being more aggressive.

Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP Carbonized Metallic
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP w/TP
44 Posts
i have -and still am- used extensively pedal commander and it is a great addition for either heavy vehicles (like Ram) or manual cars where it can help with faster heel and toe action. High performance automatic vehicles (like the new gt500) wont see much difference (if anything will become too twitchy/sensitive) , especially if the PCM is flashed or there are more aggressive drive modes right out of the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts