Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CFTP GT500 w/ painted racing stripe yesterday and I must say that I'm thankful I was reading the forums beforehand! I got the car and the dealership didn't want to touch the car (good on them) but they really didn't touch the car! I took it off the lot and this was the hardest riding son of a gun I have ever driven (I've owned a lot of street legal racing vehicles too). I felt that there wasn't any travel on the suspension and every bump almost threw you out of the seat. Then I remembered what Goose wrote sometime ago about how they ship the vehicles with spacers on them for loading. Called up the dealership, they put it on a lift and sure enough there they were. Now it's riding on clouds. Fantastic vehicle, screwed together tightly, great power delivery and handling. Solid car and a keeper. Pays to be part of an informed community. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
210 Posts
Nice ride, congratulations!

Also, I can't remember who right now, but if you kept those suspension spacers and want to sell them, there was someone on here trying to get their hands on some. If you left them at the dealer go back and dig them out of the trash, might be worth something. lol

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
370 Posts
I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy detailing one of those cars. He located the shipping blocks and removed them, it was that same color and package as yours

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Thank you! I just sent my contact a message to see if they are still there.
@Borderdog meet @Madlock

I don't know if he's still looking for them or if your dealer still has them but @Madlock was the one trying to track these down a while back.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,014 Posts
Nice !!!!!

I love that color and stripe combination.

I think you need to sell it. I could trade a nice 914/6 and a well appropriated TJ and throw in a full bag of Doritos!!!!

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,840 Posts
If you ever decide to trailer the car, you may need those spacers.

From the 2020 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement

Transporting or Trailering (If Equipped with Carbon Fiber Track Pack)
Due to low ground clearance, your vehicle is transported from the assembly plant to the dealer with front and rear suspension spacers installed. These are removed by the dealer prior to customer delivery and are provided with the vehicle. If you plan to transport or trailer your vehicle and need additional clearance, the spacers may be reinstalled for additional underbody clearance.

Note: Suspension spacers must be removed before driving your vehicle. Failure to remove the spacers may cause damage to suspension components

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,014 Posts
Better not be the little snack pack bag of Doritos....
Nope, if you haven't seen me, you should know... Family Size bags only !!!

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
Beautiful car! Congrats! Silver and black looks killer -- clean but sinister.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I saw that color combo in a promo photo when the car launched and I loved it. The iconic silver reminds me of Porsche GT silver. The car is more stunning in person too. I have a demon as well and I must say that I enjoy it more than the demon. More in an overall sense though. I think it’s a more well rounded vehicle and quite frankly better built. Love the demon but it’s true.

I got a response from the dealer. They found 3 of them but lost the other one. They called ford and I’m getting another one delivered in a couple of weeks free of charge. This leads me to believe that anyone that wants them can order them from their dealer although they may charge you for it.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I got a response from the dealer. They found 3 of them but lost the other one. They called ford and I’m getting another one delivered in a couple of weeks free of charge. This leads me to believe that anyone that wants them can order them from their dealer although they may charge you for it.
Good to know, would make sense, I think there was a backorder or a shortage on them for some reason a couple of months ago (probably COVID related) but it seems like parts in general for the GT500 are becoming more available.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
If you ever decide to trailer the car, you may need those spacers.

From the 2020 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement

Transporting or Trailering (If Equipped with Carbon Fiber Track Pack)
Due to low ground clearance, your vehicle is transported from the assembly plant to the dealer with front and rear suspension spacers installed. These are removed by the dealer prior to customer delivery and are provided with the vehicle. If you plan to transport or trailer your vehicle and need additional clearance, the spacers may be reinstalled for additional underbody clearance.

Note: Suspension spacers must be removed before driving your vehicle. Failure to remove the spacers may cause damage to suspension components
. Holy crap! Attention Mr Goose I might need your help! Maybe I’m imagining things but vehicle seems rough going over bumps for me is that normal or should it glide smooth as silk. I have no lift and 100 miles from dealer I had asked without a response where these spacers were as I never received them. Attention to those taking delivery! Check this out. I missed this on my list and when I go over bumps and maybe this is normal but I almost cringe! Otherwise on smooth roads it seems smooth. Am I imagining this? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Snoopy 49 howdy! Loving the 500! Now I’m paranoid about the spacers. I go across some fairly rough roads and really feel what is described. Tonight I was approaching a bridge under repair with temporary lights and metal strips maybe 2 inches to alert traffic and boy it did that to me that where I could after crossing bridge I tried to avoid others on road. Since dealer hasn’t called back re spacers, since those metal strips got my attention and on some semi rough roads I sort of took notice, think I have an issue? Maybe with sport, track or whatever I had it in, that affects my perception of car feeling banging around. I know best to take a look but I’m bigger than a squirrel so thoughts? Definitely needs to be on the GT 500 Delivery Checklist as I failed this test! I would recommend that even if they don’t wash it or just do a few things insist on an undercarriage inspection!

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
You
Snoopy 49 howdy! Loving the 500! Now I’m paranoid about the spacers. I go across some fairly rough roads and really feel what is described. Tonight I was approaching a bridge under repair with temporary lights and metal strips maybe 2 inches to alert traffic and boy it did that to me that where I could after crossing bridge I tried to avoid others on road. Since dealer hasn’t called back re spacers, since those metal strips got my attention and on some semi rough roads I sort of took notice, think I have an issue? Maybe with sport, track or whatever I had it in, that affects my perception of car feeling banging around. I know best to take a look but I’m bigger than a squirrel so thoughts? Definitely needs to be on the GT 500 Delivery Checklist as I failed this test! I would recommend that even if they don’t wash it or just do a few things insist on an undercarriage inspection!
You should be able to see the front spacers by looking over the top of the tire with a flashlight and the rear spacers by looking through the spokes of the wheel.

These are the GT350R spacers, but the GT500 CFTP should be similar only different colors.

Spacers.jpg

2020 GT500 CFTP Spacers

Suspension Wedges.jpg

Front GT500 Base Without Spacer

P8110275-2.JPG

Rear GT500 Base Without Spacer

P8110276.JPG

Reactions: Flying Cloud

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
I got my CFTP GT500 w/ painted racing stripe yesterday and I must say that I'm thankful I was reading the forums beforehand! I got the car and the dealership didn't want to touch the car (good on them) but they really didn't touch the car! I took it off the lot and this was the hardest riding son of a gun I have ever driven (I've owned a lot of street legal racing vehicles too). I felt that there wasn't any travel on the suspension and every bump almost threw you out of the seat. Then I remembered what Goose wrote sometime ago about how they ship the vehicles with spacers on them for loading. Called up the dealership, they put it on a lift and sure enough there they were. Now it's riding on clouds. Fantastic vehicle, screwed together tightly, great power delivery and handling. Solid car and a keeper. Pays to be part of an informed community. Thanks.
Congrats on the CFTP! Glad you remembered the spacers.

@Flying Cloud the spacers are only on the CFTP cars.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
@Flying Cloud the spacers are only on the CFTP cars.
Tim, I thought he had a CFTP car, but after doing some searching, I found out that it is a really nice painted stripes base car.

@Flying Cloud, try running the suspension in Normal mode. In normal, the 2020 is between normal and sport on a 2013.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Tim, I thought he had a CFTP car, but after doing some searching, I found out that it is a really nice painted stripes base car.

@Flying Cloud, try running the suspension in Normal mode. In normal, the 2020 is between normal and sport on a 2013.
It helps if everyone puts their car info in their profile to show below their screen name. I have a hard time keeping everyone’s cars straight. I’m sure you have your hands even more full Earl!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
It helps if everyone puts their car info in their profile to show below their screen name. I have a hard time keeping everyone’s cars straight. I’m sure you have your hands even more full Earl!
I tried Tim. I ended up replying to myself. No harm in saying Base but I think I have all except for recaros and price 89,000+. Time maybe you can give me tip on trying to add. Thanks for spacer info. I’m going to look anyway. Must be stiff suspension choice. I did drive in normal for first time and wow everything loosened up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts