Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered GT 500 Stage 2 with the 2.6" supercharger pulley, Alluminum drive shaft and Ultimate Suspension from Evolution Performance very nice parts and fast service. They changed the lower controll arms to heavy duty billet Control Arms, they are CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. Clear anodized for superior appearance and surface protection. Designed for lowest possible weight while retaining exceptional structural strength. 2.5 lbs lighter than OEM arms!!! they replaced the BMR lower controll arm. They look very nice. They also replaced the Adjustable "3rd Link" Upper Control Arm and Mount, they said this will eliminate the noise that the others were having. Installed Ford racing exhaust on but before I did that I polished the exhaust looks and sounds great. Ordered Ground Controll Suspension should be here sometime this week, 1.75" lowered in the front and 2.00" in the rear. Last I am preparing the plastic parts, rocker panel, mirrors, front air splitter and rear bumper for paint.:D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ordered GT 500 Stage 2 with the 2.6" supercharger pulley, Alluminum drive shaft and Ultimate Suspension from Evolution Performance very nice parts and fast service. They changed the lower controll arms to heavy duty billet Control Arms, they are CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. Clear anodized for superior appearance and surface protection. Designed for lowest possible weight while retaining exceptional structural strength. 2.5 lbs lighter than OEM arms!!! they replaced the BMR lower controll arm. They look very nice. They also replaced the Adjustable "3rd Link" Upper Control Arm and Mount, they said this will eliminate the noise that the others were having. Installed Ford racing exhaust on but before I did that I polished the exhaust looks and sounds great. Ordered Ground Controll Suspension should be here sometime this week, 1.75" lowered in the front and 2.00" in the rear. Last I am preparing the plastic parts, rocker panel, mirrors, front air splitter and rear bumper for paint.:D
sn8kbyt who is the manufacturer of the UCA and LCA as I have not yet installed my BMR's nor the UCA. Did hear that the Steeda UCA did generate some NVH noise but will speek to Fred on Monday. Thanks for the update as the Evolution web site does not show a visual change of parts. Also do the LCA's come with relocation brackets as the Evolution site does not mention these. I am wondering if they made this switch for cost effectiveness and yet keep the same selling price. The BMR's and the Steeda competition adjustable UCA are quality products and I am curious to see what their replacements are? I feel the only draw back to the Steeda UCA may be some NVH noise but am not sure as to the extent of this problem. VNMOUS1 have you installed your UCA yet and if so how is the NVH noise?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
sn8kbyt who is the manufacturer of the UCA and LCA as I have not yet installed my BMR's nor the UCA. Did hear that the Steeda UCA did generate some NVH noise but will speek to Fred on Monday. Thanks for the update as the Evolution web site does not show a visual change of parts. Also do the LCA's come with relocation brackets as the Evolution site does not mention these. I am wondering if they made this switch for cost effectiveness and yet keep the same selling price. The BMR's and the Steeda competition adjustable UCA are quality products and I am curious to see what their replacements are? I feel the only draw back to the Steeda UCA may be some NVH noise but am not sure as to the extent of this problem. VNMOUS1 have you installed your UCA yet and if so how is the NVH noise?

The Adjustable UCA,part #UTCA019 and the UCA Mount,part #UCM001 are still made by BMR. The LCA,part #EVO-LCA,Adjustable Panhard Bar,part #40-703 are made by Evolution and the Panhard Bar Brace,part #555-2555 and the 3 Point Frame Rail Torque Box,part #555-5551 are from Steeda.Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The Adjustable UCA,part #UTCA019 and the UCA Mount,part #UCM001 are still made by BMR. The LCA,part #EVO-LCA,Adjustable Panhard Bar,part #40-703 are made by Evolution and the Panhard Bar Brace,part #555-2555 and the 3 Point Frame Rail Torque Box,part #555-5551 are from Steeda.Very nice indeed.
07 originally the adjustable UCA and Pahhard Bar were Steeda parts. I will check out the BMR site for their UCA and look for the difference. I believe it will be urethane bushings to reduce NVH. Thanks for the come back.:) Seems I may be right that evolution is reducing cost of their package by producing some of their own components. Nothing wrong with that as long as quality, reliability and improvement follow.;)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 originally the adjustable UCA and Pahhard Bar were Steeda parts. I will check out the BMR site for their UCA and look for the difference. I believe it will be urethane bushings to reduce NVA. Thanks for the come back.:) Seems I may be right that evolution is reducing cost of their package by producing some of their own components. Nothing wrong with that as long as quality, reliability and improvement follow.;)
Their quality is very good.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 originally the adjustable UCA and Pahhard Bar were Steeda parts. I will check out the BMR site for their UCA and look for the difference. I believe it will be urethane bushings to reduce NVH. Thanks for the come back.:) Seems I may be right that evolution is reducing cost of their package by producing some of their own components. Nothing wrong with that as long as quality, reliability and improvement follow.;)

LCA,part #EVO-LCA

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job explaining the parts 07 and buy the way where did you get the bar stool I like them.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Good job explaining the parts 07 and buy the way where did you get the bar stool I like them.
Very nice LCA. The Ebrake can be snaked through this set up as opposed to the BMR's. Have to tallk to Fred on Monday as I have not yet installed my BMR's. Top Shelf!:) Thanks for the pics 07. The BMR UCA is definitely a better choice to reduce NVH. Evolution is obviously looking to imprvove on a already good product line. Is this set up coming with relocation brackets for the LCA as the BMR's or are they mounting in the stock position?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
SN8KBYT the stool can be purchased through the Ford website. Thanks for the information on the Evolution change up.;)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 Looks like an install in process. Thanks for the heads up!:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 how about a pic of the adjustable Panhard bar as this is a change from the Steeda part as well? Do not mean to interrupt the install process, but we can't allow you to get too far ahead of us.:D I've been focusing my efforts on a four post lift for the garage as calling on favors and working on my back is no longer acceptable at my age.:D Once again alot of products to choose from and varying prices as well. Do any members have experience or preferences on four post lifts? I am currently looking ar Revolution, Ampro, Bend-Pak and Dannmar.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think it did come from the Ford Website.It was a Christmas present.It is very nice though.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 how about a pic of the adjustable Panhard bar as this is a change from the Steeda part as well? Do not mean to interrupt the install process, but we can't allow you to get too far ahead of us.:D I've been focusing my efforts on a four post lift for the garage as calling on favors and working on my back is no longer acceptable at my age.:D Once again alot of products to choose from and varying prices as well. Do any members have experience or preferences on four post lifts? I am currently looking ar Revolution, Ampro, Bend-Pak and Dannmar.

Here are pictures of the Adjustable Upper Control Arm,Upper Control Arm Mount,Adjustable Panhard Rod and the HD Panhard Bar Brace.This is not a stock paint job.It has been E-coated and painted Dark Bronze with a Hammered Paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Here are pictures of the Adjustable Upper Control Arm,Upper Control Arm Mount,Adjustable Panhard Rod and the HD Panhard Bar Brace.This is not a stock paint job.It has been E-coated and painted Dark Bronze with a Hammered Paint.
Very nice 07. Will definitely be a different animal when she rolls out in the spring.:) Nice paint work. Would be faster with Tungsten.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 Looks like an install in process. Thanks for the heads up!:)

Yes it is .I am all done except the Adjustable Upper Control Arm.I have to keep explaining why I am taking off new parts to put on new parts!My wife has been very good about all I have done.I still have a stack of mods to finish.I will take her clothes shopping,always works with the girls in my family.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Very nice LCA. The Ebrake can be snaked through this set up as opposed to the BMR's. Have to tallk to Fred on Monday as I have not yet installed my BMR's. Top Shelf!:) Thanks for the pics 07. The BMR UCA is definitely a better choice to reduce NVH. Evolution is obviously looking to imprvove on a already good product line. Is this set up coming with relocation brackets for the LCA as the BMR's or are they mounting in the stock position?

I don't recommend snaking the e-brake cable through the LCA.LCA is very thick.I ran mine underneath the LCA.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shlbysvt, The panhard rod that was sent was anodized (555-2551
Steeda Street Panhard Bar). But we all know that Black is the fastest:p .

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shlbysvt, I also installed 3 point Frame rail & torque brace.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Shlbysvt, I also installed 3 point Frame rail & torque brace.
SN8KBYT, that is the only part I installed to date and noticed a difference in rear stiffness immediately. The only parts that differ on my package are the LCA, UCA and adjustable panhard bar. The biggest problem is the Steeda Competition adjustable UCA. Many folks are unhappy with the NVH problem they are experiencing. That was the main reason for the switch up to the BMR UCA. The new LCA looks awsome. Happy install.:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just got off the phone with Fred. A true professional and top notch outfit. New for the Shelby, line lock produced by Evolution utilizing Hurst solenoids, and I am sure quality, quality, quality. Reducing costs was not the issue here, only improvement, as the new LCA's were more expensive to produce, and the overall price remained the same. Stay tuned as Evolution is far from done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts