Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
already have a few scratches on the glove box and just want to lightly touch them up.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
already have a few scratches on the glove box and just want to lightly touch them up.

I had a few scratches on my glovebox also from my Co Pilots ring.:flame:

If they are very light you may be able to hide them with a little heat from a blow dryer, if they are deeper you may need a pro to touch up.

I have done dyework on cars for over 18 years and have not seen any dye available as 'store bought' for a car, perhaps someone else has better info?

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a few scratches on my glovebox also from my Co Pilots ring.:flame:

If they are very light you may be able to hide them with a little heat from a blow dryer, if they are deeper you may need a pro to touch up.

I have done dyework on cars for over 18 years and have not seen any dye available as 'store bought' for a car, perhaps someone else has better info?
Thanks BEACHSGT500, they are minor scratches. How does the hair dryer trick work?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks BEACHSGT500, they are minor scratches. How does the hair dryer trick work?
If it is just surface marks the heat from the dryer can hide them.

BUT, if you heat it too much it will make the area shiney.

I would ask your dealer if he has a company that comes around and services their interiors on their lot. That may be safer.

If you live in Florida, just fly me down there for a couple days and I will take care of it. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts