Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got around to getting rear valance painted, not the best pictures but you get the idea. I just didn't like the idea of not having all the panels panited to match the car. I decided not to do the front chin spoiler but the rest had to get some paint on it :)

Next appearance mod will be the new Razors that Santa brings me, than the ram air hood :)

It just doesn't end !!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No 20's, will keep with factory size, rotation weight is very important when it comes to performance, and bigger rims, bigger tires, means more hp to turn them which is a bad thing :(

I will lower the rear end and new shocks QA1 but that will be about it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
looks great

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well finally got around to getting rear valance painted, not the best pictures but you get the idea. I just didn't like the idea of not having all the panels panited to match the car. I decided not to do the front chin spoiler but the rest had to get some paint on it :)

Next appearance mod will be the new Razors that Santa brings me, than the ram air hood :)

It just doesn't end !!!
Question for you?? I know your paint is still fresh but has anyone had problems with the paint cracking?? My body man here is telling me that the paint won't stick properly (because of the rough surface) but also in time it will start cracking. I'm no bodyman that's why I want to ask the ones that have painted theirs. Thanks Take care Mustangnut

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Question for you?? I know your paint is still fresh but has anyone had problems with the paint cracking?? My body man here is telling me that the paint won't stick properly (because of the rough surface) but also in time it will start cracking. I'm no bodyman that's why I want to ask the ones that have painted theirs. Thanks Take care Mustangnut

If it is done right it won't crack.:D

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1

Have them put flex agent in the paint also this will help against chips. Had a front bumper painted on my truck which was factory black, had it painted blue and after 3 years no chips, doesn't mean it won't happen but it is very strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts