Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started painting the mirrors, chin spoiler, mud flaps, rear bumper, rocker panel molding and side scoops at 8:00 Friday night and finished Saturday night at 1:00 in the morning. Need to wet sand and buff alittle and parts will go back on the car by the weekend hopefully. Can't wait to see how all looks put back together. Saturday morning it was starting to snow and I had the car and Harley outside and my fiance knew that the vehicles outside getting snowed on would stress me out so we took them over to her fathers 6 car garage while they were in Florida. That made me feel better. :D What a long weekend.:eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Started painting the mirrors, chin spoiler, mud flaps, rear bumper, rocker panel molding and side scoops at 8:00 Friday night and finished Saturday night at 1:00 in the morning. Need to wet sand and buff alittle and parts will go back on the car by the weekend hopefully. Can't wait to see how all looks put back together. Saturday morning it was starting to snow and I had the car and Harley outside and my fiance knew that the vehicles outside getting snowed on would stress me out so we took them over to her fathers 6 car garage while they were in Florida. That made me feel better. :D What a long weekend.:eek:
Nice Fiance. I like your choice of colors. Hope you post some pictures of your paint job. Should make it look real sharp. Uh, You do have the fastest color combo.:D GGBIW

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the little woman is great, she was just saying how tuff lookng the car is she thinks it's one of the best looking cars out there. Her son has a black 2007 V6 but of course the best and fastest color out there. Will take pictures and show you, plus the new lower stance.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I would like to see it myself.Good job man.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 07Shelby for your help with the airbag and I will post pictures as soon as I get them done and back on the car. Can't wait to see you all at Romeo.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks 07Shelby for your help with the airbag and I will post pictures as soon as I get them done and back on the car. Can't wait to see you all at Romeo.

You are welcome and I am glad you are comming!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update I have the chin spoiler on the car now and boy does it look sweet. Need more time in the day.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the rocker molding and side mirrors done and on.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been trying to load pictures of finished car but can't seem to load the pictures, files are to big.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been trying to load pictures of finished car but can't seem to load the pictures, files are to big.
try this---
Steps to reducing pic size:

1- Click on 'start' bottom left corner
2- Click on 'All Programs'
3- Click on 'Accessories'
4- Click on 'Paint'

5- (at top left) Click 'File',..'Open',....to select the pic
6- (near top center) Click on 'Image'
7- Click on 'Stretch/Skew'
8- To reduce pic size by 50% for instance, overtype the 'Horizontal' % value with 50.
Likewise enter 50 for Vertical % value.
9- Click 'OK'

10- Click 'File', then 'Save As'...make sure to rename file something different than the file's original name (adding the word 'website' or similar to the filename for example) thus preserving your original 100%-sized file.
_________
Can't wait to see these pics! I plan to do the same on mine eventually...Did you use commercial sprayer or aerosol cans or what?...any additives for application to plastic? using clearcoat as final step? thanks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is some pictures.

DSC01534.JPG

DSC01529.JPG

DSC01537.JPG

DSC01545.JPG

DSC01542.JPG

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
PDK Thanks for your help I ended up using photoshop to reduce picture size. What I used to paint the plastic parts were PPG Base coat Clear coat.
1.) First of all I used Wax and Grease remover to clean parts then soap and water. 2.) Used scuff brite pads to scuff up plastic. 3.) Use Wax and grease remover again to clean parts and soap and water. 4.) Taped off desired areas that I did not wanted painted. 5.) Primed parts with Urethane primer till parts were all filled in and sanded primer till smooth. Let dry and clean parts ready for paint. 6.) Applied flex additive to primer them added to paint and sprayed desired coats of paint for coverage and let dry.
7.) Tack off paint then apply clear coat to desired coverage. I used High volume low pressure paint gun. If you have never painted before It can be an overwhelming task. Cost of job was approximately $285.00

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thinks Arbour88 by the way the paint is still on after 140 mph.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Looks very nice,good job.Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Very nice. I did see pics on a vert. of the stripe continuing through front lip and rear deflector. Gave it a nice touch. Just food for thought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still throwing the idea around rather to put the stripe on or not???

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts