Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son asked why Ford didn't paint the rearview mirrors to match the car? It would look better if they matched the body color. Anybody doing this?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My son asked why Ford didn't paint the rearview mirrors to match the car? It would look better if they matched the body color. Anybody doing this?

Yes

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I saw on stangsunleashed that a company has full mirror covers, I went with the 1/2 covers so some of the black still shows. Next paint work is the rear bumper over winter.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I saw on stangsunleashed that a company has full mirror covers, I went with the 1/2 covers so some of the black still shows. Next paint work is the rear bumper over winter.

I am painting the rear view mirrors red.I will be doing a lot over the next 4 months.It will be a different beast by spring.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hate to get technical guys, but aren't these sideview mirrors. I was always under the impression that the rear view was the mirror hung from the windshield inside the car.:confused: Check out my routine maintenance thread and see some real technical stuff.:D :D That stuff is way above my head.:eek:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Side View is the correct but I knew what he meant :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hate to get technical guys, but aren't these sideview mirrors. I was always under the impression that the rear view was the mirror hung from the windshield inside the car.:confused: Check out my routine maintenance thread and see some real technical stuff.:D :D That stuff is way above my head.:eek:
Thank you for the correction. They are sideview mirrors. They do look cheap on my black gt500 as they are a dark grey.Just wondered if anyone else sees it that way. I see the red cobras are black. Go figure why Ford did this.I said rearview as thats what you see,the rear. You're right though.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thank you for the correction. They are sideview mirrors. They do look cheap on my black gt500 as they are a dark grey.Just wondered if anyone else sees it that way. I see the red cobras are black. Go figure why Ford did this.I said rearview as thats what you see,the rear. You're right though.

I think Henry Ford said it best "you can have any color you want as long as it's black". 2005-2007 There is only 1 color of SIDEVIEW mirrors,black.All Mustangs have the same style(LH or RH) of SIDEVIEW mirrors. Does not matter if it is a V6,GT,CS or a Shelby they are all the same style and color.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Painted mine and a few other parts. Mirrors require plenty of prep work.

Sandyman,
Mirrors look very nice.It's on my agenda,nice choice of colors

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Henry Ford said it best "you can have any color you want as long as it's black". 2005-2007 There is only 1 color of SIDEVIEW mirrors,black.All Mustangs have the same style(LH or RH) of SIDEVIEW mirrors. Does not matter if it is a V6,GT,CS or a Shelby they are all the same style and color.
Well,next to the painted car they don't match!

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my Alloy Coupe they seem to match pretty well. I think I'll leave mine stock for now since they also seem to hold up really well against chipping, and they clean up really easily after being treated with a good protectorant.
The painted ones do look nice tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts