Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2016 GT350
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Here's what I found this morning while doing a quick wash to get rid of bird droppings.

View attachment 214095

sigh

Passenger rear

and yeah I know the wheels are dirty, they were clean(ish) 14 miles ago :rolleyes:
Haha don’t even stress the dirty wheels. I think any of us that truly drive these cars know that wheel isn’t staying clean for more than half a day.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Fully Loaded
126 Posts
I put a coat of Liquid Glass on my rims/brakes and it helps a little. Also, I have found that using a little detail polish on a cloth when wiping down the rims helps. Thankfully, our stock rims are very easy to clean. Brembo pads in general expel a lot of dust, it is frustrating as every vehicle I've owned with Brembos are impossible to keep clean even after a brief drive.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Any nicks in the base wheels or center caps can be touched up with a paint pen. As for dirty wheels, get them clean and then apply a few coats of Adams wheel ceramic coating. They will be much easier to clean.

Reactions: Carbide

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am scheduling mine to go in for XPEL in the next week or so, until then it is difficult to drive "away" from everyone. I will feel much better though, I wish it is not so expensive however, it is absolutely worth every penny. I am lucky that my car is white so, even if I get something between now and when I take it, I can touch it up easily. If I went with a dark color, I probably would have driven the car straight to the shop. I did that with my Z06 and it was flawless when I sold it. (lucky new owner!)

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
42 Posts
I just got mine back from having Xpel installed over the entire front end (hood, bumpers, fenders, mirrors) as well as complete Ceramic Coating of the entire car including wheels and calipers to try to keep the brake dust from pitting the wheels. It was costly but damn she looks perdy!

GT1.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT6.jpg
GT4.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
42 Posts
My Boss 302 was School Bus Yellow so I had to get the Twister Orange

E785A0AC-1D8D-4041-8B70-8EDCE41F21D8.jpeg

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
2007 Shelby Triple Black
8 Posts
I’m having my ‘07 ceramic coated and PPF to the front clip. I will have photos next week of before and after.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
240 Posts
Meh, mine has some front end road rash and that makes it way less stressful to drive. Bothers me and then it doesn't. No one cares when you trade it in anyway.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby Triple Black
8 Posts
Got my car back Wednesday and took it to a show on Saturday. Overall I’m very pleased with both the PPF and the ceramic coating. Shop that did the work said it was challenging due to the hood profile and no availability of cad plotter cuts for this year’s model. He took 20% of his quote for me. I had some road grime from driving home on wet asphalt and it all wiped right off. PPF is on hood, bumper and front fenders.

·
Registered
126 Posts
XPEL, I just had my front done, and will eventually have the entire car completed. It is expensive but well worth it.
Also, I found this great wing place while I waited, and they were as good as they look!

Reactions: REMIX

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
XPEL, I just had my front done, and will eventually have the entire car completed. It is expensive but well worth it.
Also, I found this great wing place while I waited, and they were as good as they look!

View attachment 215547
Dude --- those make my eyes water and my stomach hurt just looking at them.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby Triple Black
8 Posts
Mine is getting full body PPF, stripes, and tint installed right now. Actually my car showed up on Sunteks IG story today, it was pulled from Autotrimmers IG story.
Nice! I am very Partial to Rapid Red at the moment, considering trading up my 07;

Have this Bronco First Edition on order, a just picked up my wife’s new F150 Platinum last week;

21 - 36 of 36 Posts