Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
905 Posts
Just an update I did leave another message for ford executives with no call back. I finally heard back from a supervisor who was about worthless they have no way to escalate my case further than I am right now. The dealership has given me till Wednesday of next week on what I decide to do and I was hoping to hear from Ford if they would buy it back or not. However after speaking to the supervisor all of this falls under my state lemon laws on by backs. No one from the buy back team has even been assigned to my case. So I feel like I roll the dice as to which way to go here. Either I sell it back to the original dealership and take a loss or wait to see if Ford will buy it back which there is no guarantee they will and or what price. Not sure what to do but running out of time to make a decision.
Have you told the selling dealer you’ll be filing a complaint with their state’s Attorney General and BBB etc. if you are 100% set on not fixing it I’d ask to speak with the top dog at the dealer and explain the course of action you are willing to take with them selling a vehicle with defects they had to know we’re there and undisclosed. Then give them a full price all included $0 out of your pocket price and a deadline for them to accept. I’d also let them know if you have to hire an attorney you’ll ask for attorneys fees and your fees for traveling to that state for court as part of any settlement in court increasing their out of pocket. Hopefully you’ve been recording the phone calls? Providing it’s acceptable under both states laws. I’m a take no prisoners scorched earth type. In the end we’re just offering advice and not actually dealing with all this shit.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I’ve had no luck dealing BBB in the past. My parents got screwed bad on a deal and I tried everything with them and it was just worthless time and effort. Most of my conversations with the dealership have been texts and then very brief calls with the salesman and though I know salesman can be sneaky he has been very responsive with me through out all this and some of the items I had to get addressed after the sale. I just don’t know how much leverage I’m going to have in a he said she said kind of battle. The GM is the only person that has been involved from the dealership besides my salesman. I could try and see if I could talk to the owner but that may cause me other grief and to the point they won’t buy it back too. I just would like to walk away from it with my money in my pocket like you said without losing just don’t know if it’s possible but definitely feeling defeated with all this.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
145 Posts
I’ve had no luck dealing BBB in the past. My parents got screwed bad on a deal and I tried everything with them and it was just worthless time and effort. Most of my conversations with the dealership have been texts and then very brief calls with the salesman and though I know salesman can be sneaky he has been very responsive with me through out all this and some of the items I had to get addressed after the sale. I just don’t know how much leverage I’m going to have in a he said she said kind of battle. The GM is the only person that has been involved from the dealership besides my salesman. I could try and see if I could talk to the owner but that may cause me other grief and to the point they won’t buy it back too. I just would like to walk away from it with my money in my pocket like you said without losing just don’t know if it’s possible but definitely feeling defeated with all this.
What is your actual loss monetarily? Is it the $2,000.00 or are you out taxes and fees as well. There a big difference to me between 2K and 16-17K. Once that’s defined, only you can really answer what ultimately your willing to pay to restore sanity, remove aggravation and provide you with acceptable cash allowing for the purchase of another 500.
I think it’s highly unlikely that in less than a week anything much is going to change from where u are right now. You can certainly continue your efforts to be made while after accepting the offer unless you are signing something forgoing that ability as part of the deal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What is your actual loss monetarily? Is it the $2,000.00 or are you out taxes and fees as well. There a big difference to me between 2K and 16-17K. Once that’s defined, only you can really answer what ultimately your willing to pay to restore sanity, remove aggravation and provide you with acceptable cash allowing for the purchase of another 500.
I think it’s highly unlikely that in less than a week anything much is going to change from where u are right now. You can certainly continue your efforts to be made while* after accepting the offer unless you are signing something forgoing that ability as part of the deal.
*That should read “to be made whole”

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
I feel for you man. My issues are bad enough, but I don’t have dents like you have. I have halfheartedly decided to live with most of mine because if I forced a buyback, I’d never find another one, and the wife loves the color. I hated our last GT vert’s color from the start and had a lot of negativity about the car because of that. She’d probably divorce me if we had to find yet another car. Lol. I can still do plenty bitchin at Ford though.

Good luck. I hope you can find an amicable resolution.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I think it’s highly unlikely that in less than a week anything much is going to change from where u are right now. You can certainly continue your efforts to be made while after accepting the offer unless you are signing something forgoing that ability as part of the deal.
There was a markup involved of 12,500 and then taxes. However I thought if I get rid of the car then Ford sure isn’t going to reimburse me for losses. I do think I’m going to ask to speak to the owner of the dealership tomorrow whether or not it does me any good probably won’t. I’ve dealt with owners before and typically no sympathy nor willing to make things right.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I feel for you man. My issues are bad enough, but I don’t have dents like you have. I have halfheartedly decided to live with most of mine because if I forced a buyback, I’d never find another one, and the wife loves the color. I hated our last GT vert’s color from the start and had a lot of negativity about the car because of that. She’d probably divorce me if we had to find yet another car. Lol. I can still do plenty bitchin at Ford though.

Good luck. I hope you can find an amicable resolution.
Thanks bro I’ve had a deep discussion with my wife tonight. I don’t want to do this but she feels like selling it to the dealership and moving on is best. She wants me to wait and not jump into something so soon but me on the other hand just wants the car replaced with what I thought I bought in the first place.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There was a markup involved of 12,500 and then taxes. However I thought if I get rid of the car then Ford sure isn’t going to reimburse me for losses. I do think I’m going to ask to speak to the owner of the dealership tomorrow whether or not it does me any good probably won’t. I’ve dealt with owners before and typically no sympathy nor willing to make things right.
That’s a considerable combined loss and worse than I thought. Have you spoken to an attorney at all?

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Thanks bro I’ve had a deep discussion with my wife tonight. I don’t want to do this but she feels like selling it to the dealership and moving on is best. She wants me to wait and not jump into something so soon but me on the other hand just wants the car replaced with what I thought I bought in the first place.
If it were me, I think I’d put everything on pause for a while and think about it. A less financially painful solution might present itself. I know how you feel. I went through it myself and am still going to pursue fixing some of it that I think might have a chance of turning out ok. It’s your money and you know what’s best for you, though. All we can do if offer perspective.

Really hope something goes better for you soon.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
52 Posts
Just a thought: Had you considered calling Team Penske and asking them what are the chances of getting a new hood painted with strips, to match yours? They may want your hood to match it exactly. Don't mean to complicate the issue...

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I called the Corporate office of the dealership looking to speak to the owner this morning and spoke to Anna which handles situations for the owner or will get him involved. I went through everything with her this morning and ultimately told her if there is anyway for them to put me in a 500 to make this right I much rather do that than lose all of this that I have invested into the vehicle unless they are willing to make up some of this difference. She seemed very sympathetic and attentive to trying to resolve this problem. She is going to make some calls and see what they can do for me. It be really awesome if they can put me in another one just like I have maybe not in the same color. We will see where this goes. I'm still waiting on Ford to call me today as well we will see if they do.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Just a thought: Had you considered calling Team Penske and asking them what are the chances of getting a new hood painted with strips, to match yours? They may want your hood to match it exactly. Don't mean to complicate the issue...
This is a good thought as well.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts