Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
07 GT500
683 Posts
I do hope something works out for you. I didn't know you bought the car unseen. I am not sure why the hoods have dents in them all GT500's have had aluminum since they first came out. You would hope a brand new car was perfect as when it leaves the factory but lots can happen during delivery.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
52 Posts
I have lost track of this thread and now reading the latest, it is disheartening to hear about the problems Ford and the dealership have created. I can still look at mine and see all the scratches on it. Not sure where they came from - the factory or the dealership. I just hope Ford does you right and get the job done.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well today ended up no where. The ford rep never reached out to me and I sent two emails and finally got a response. No word on the buyback and no response from the dealership on repair. Does anyone have any contacts at ford corporate I’m trying to get more visibility on my case as I’m sure I’m just another case in the queue.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Well today ended up no where. The ford rep never reached out to me and I sent two emails and finally got a response. No word on the buyback and no response from the dealership on repair. Does anyone have any contacts at ford corporate I’m trying to get more visibility on my case as I’m sure I’m just another case in the queue.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I just noticed this thread and read through it. I also have a painted stripe antimatter blue car, just not a CFTP. I had the exact same issues as you with the paint. Mine was scratched, spidered, and had bubbles in the clear everywhere. I have heard from several other painted stripe owners that had the exact same issues, so I’m guessing the terrible clear coat and cut and buff job is Penske Ford’s fault. It looks like they let an apprentice clear and buff the car. My detailer was able to get most of the scratches out, but there are a few on the trunk lid that were too deep, and he couldn’t do anything about the bubbles in the clear along the rain gutter areas of the roof. I haven’t had time to fight with Ford over this, but I at least think they owe me a couple grand for the extra work my detailer had to do in correction. I really don’t want paint work done on a new 100k car, but the scratches on the trunk lid are very visible and really bother me.

Sounds like you’re not getting very far with Ford. I wonder if a detailed letter to the CEO with a bunch of pictures would get anywhere. That’s my plan. I’m not optimistic about results but it’s worth a try.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
907 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. I just noticed this thread and read through it. I also have a painted stripe antimatter blue car, just not a CFTP. I had the exact same issues as you with the paint. Mine was scratched, spidered, and had bubbles in the clear everywhere. I have heard from several other painted stripe owners that had the exact same issues, so I’m guessing the terrible clear coat and cut and buff job is Penske Ford’s fault. It looks like they let an apprentice clear and buff the car. My detailer was able to get most of the scratches out, but there are a few on the trunk lid that were too deep, and he couldn’t do anything about the bubbles in the clear along the rain gutter areas of the roof. I haven’t had time to fight with Ford over this, but I at least think they owe me a couple grand for the extra work my detailer had to do in correction. I really don’t want paint work done on a new 100k car, but the scratches on the trunk lid are very visible and really bother me.

Sounds like you’re not getting very far with Ford. I wonder if a detailed letter to the CEO with a bunch of pictures would get anywhere. That’s my plan. I’m not optimistic about results but it’s worth a try.
Chad I know you probably don’t want to put another penny into the fix on your car (clearly Ford should pay) but I’ve used this company below and have a kit on standby for all my vehicles. People just can’t help but to toss a door into the side of a vehicle next to them. I find tracking them down to be time consuming. I know it won’t help Jason fix the divots in his panels but it might help you.

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Chad I know you probably don’t want to put another penny into the fix on your car (clearly Ford should pay) but I’ve used this company below and have a kit on standby for all my vehicles. People just can’t help but to toss a door into the side of a vehicle next to them. I find tracking them down to be time consuming. I know it won’t help Jason fix the divots in his panels but it might help you.

The scratches that are left in mine are just in the clear coat and very fine. On the trunk they were too deep to sand away completely without blowing through the clear. On another color you might not even notice them, but antimatter is basically black and shows everything. The only fix for mine unfortunately would be to repaint the deck lid.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
907 Posts
The scratches that are left in mine are just in the clear coat and very fine. On the trunk they were too deep to sand away completely without blowing through the clear. On another color you might not even notice them, but antimatter is basically black and shows everything. The only fix for mine unfortunately would be to repaint the deck lid.
That’s such a bummer!

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
My detailer sanded three specific spots that were so bad and though it improved it’s still pretty bad in my opinion. I wasn’t thrilled one bit watching him sand on my car but I’ve got several deep scratches just like you it’s past the clear. Since all of this I’ve seen more and more scratches even after my detailer has done the best he could with it all. I’m going to keep at this till I get somewhere even if I don’t get anywhere I can look back at this and know I tried. I feel your pain trust me.

·
Registered
07 GT500
683 Posts
After reading this thread to all future buyers out there take the car out into the sun and go over it like you were waxing the paint. It may sound stupid but the only time you notice dents and scratches is when you wax the car. You can't see anything in the showroom.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Number has been disconnected.
I did find a number - 313-322-3000 looks very similar to what you posted. I did get to a directory assistance person who suggested that I can speak to an escalations group. I had to leave a voicemail so hopefully I hear back something soon.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
My detailer sanded three specific spots that were so bad and though it improved it’s still pretty bad in my opinion. I wasn’t thrilled one bit watching him sand on my car but I’ve got several deep scratches just like you it’s past the clear. Since all of this I’ve seen more and more scratches even after my detailer has done the best he could with it all. I’m going to keep at this till I get somewhere even if I don’t get anywhere I can look back at this and know I tried. I feel your pain trust me.
Here are some examples from mine before correction. I have a lot more but it will only let me post 10. I have probably 40 pics of similar issues, too. My detailer has a couple hundred before pics I need to get from him. Did yours have buffing compound everywhere like mine did?

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Atmosphere Sky Automotive lighting Hood Rectangle

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tire Car

Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive design Grille

Water Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Windscreen wiper

Here are a few post correction. You can see the scratches on the trunk lid here plus the clearly visible smudge on the hood from bubbles in the clear too deep to sand out.
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Car

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Guitar accessory Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Here are some examples from mine before correction. I have a lot more but it will only let me post 10. I have probably 40 pics of similar issues, too. My detailer has a couple hundred before pics I need to get from him. Did yours have buffing compound everywhere like mine did?

View attachment 238818
View attachment 238824
View attachment 238822
View attachment 238819
View attachment 238823
View attachment 238820
View attachment 238821

Here are a few post correction. You can see the scratches on the trunk lid here plus the clearly visible smudge on the hood from bubbles in the clear too deep to sand out.
View attachment 238826
View attachment 238827
View attachment 238825
Chad where you have the red arrow pointing to where the cowl begins on the hood thats exactly where my dents are at. Just thought that was interesting and where your smudge is too.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The dealership that I bought the vehicle from just called and they are offering to give me $105k for my car which is $1K off from the sticker price but then I will have to pay for the transport and its $1050 for that. So I have a lot of thinking to do in regards to whether or not I go through with this.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Chad where you have the red arrow pointing to where the cowl begins on the hood thats exactly where my dents are at. Just thought that was interesting and where your smudge is too.
Interesting. I never noticed a divot there, but I’ll put a straight edge against it and see.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
After reading this thread to all future buyers out there take the car out into the sun and go over it like you were waxing the paint. It may sound stupid but the only time you notice dents and scratches is when you wax the car. You can't see anything in the showroom.
Good advice. Unfortunately it was raining with snow mixed in when I picked mine up on a dreary Michigan winter day. I looked at mine pretty closely and never noticed any of the issues. I admit I never looked at the rain gutters on the roof though. Who would ever think Ford would let something that obvious go. I doubt the QC people bothered even looking.

With my super duty, it was a sunny day when I picked it up, though, and I didn’t notice the piss poor tape job Ford did where the white separates from the brown two tone. I noticed it all the first time I waxed it though.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
The dealership that I bought the vehicle from just called and they are offering to give me $105k for my car which is $1K off from the sticker price but then I will have to pay for the transport and its $1050 for that. So I have a lot of thinking to do in regards to whether or not I go through with this.
How generous of them. Lol. I wouldn’t take a loss. Too early in the raising hell process for that. Ford obviously has some issues that need to be fixed with the GT500 hood quality control, and they definitely need to fire Penske and find somebody that gives a shit to paint the 10k stripes. Hopefully we can eventually find somebody at Ford who will at least acknowledge there is a problem.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts