Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this stored code, though no engine light is on or appear to have any issues. I am little confused on the description on what the issue is. I need some explanation in more laymen terms. Would this be the supercharger pump or is there a sensor on other side of the intercooler that this is referring to?

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
Your intercooler pump is not working. There is a pump that circulates coolant between the intercooler and the heat exchanger. Air temps in the lower intake will be super high and will cause the PCM to pull timing from the engine to same it. It could be the pump, or it could be a relay, or something else. Your car will be a slug without it.

The pump is mounted on top of the heat exchanger, which is located in front of the condensor. You should be able to see it from the upper grille. That is if it's in the stock location.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your intercooler pump is not working. There is a pump that circulates coolant between the intercooler and the heat exchanger. Air temps in the lower intake will be super high and will cause the PCM to pull timing from the engine to same it. It could be the pump, or it could be a relay, or something else. Your car will be a slug without it.

The pump is mounted on top of the heat exchanger, which is located in front of the condenser. You should be able to see it from the upper grille. That is if it's in the stock location.
Thank you and I wondered if this was the case. Would a 13/14 pump work/be an upgrade? Might as well get something good while I am at it. I do have a 13/14 dual pass exchanger I am going to be installing when I change this out.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade the pump, but you'll probably need to move the pump location. Here's a write-up I did on mine. It's got some useful low-buck info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts