Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to completely hijack the "What do you for a living?" thread.

Hmmm, you can help me and Chris out, you know those little plaques in the 2020 + GT500 OWNERS kits, they to my understanding are Laser engraving, I'll post a picture, I like this made with my Chassis Number M2270, I don't have a Laser Engraver near me, Is this Laser Engraving?
It’s a bit hard to tell from that pic, but I think that is laser engraved.
We have some thin stainless steel material that would be good for that. It has a mirror polished / shiny finish and we etch the background to leave the text & logo with the shiny look.
What it the overall size and corner radius of that piece?
@TedShred @simba47 @AZ21GT500

I am also interested in a customized owners plaque with my CSM number once I get the Signature Edition performed by Shelby. My owners kit came with the serialized plaque unattached. Here are some pics I took with a ruler to help with dimensions. If you need any more, please let me know.

Font Gas Electronic device Auto part Screw

Grey Font Rectangle Pattern Monochrome

Ruler Office ruler Rectangle Font Wood

Black Rectangle Grey Line Font

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Didn't want to completely hijack the "What do you for a living?" thread.

@TedShred @simba47 @AZ21GT500

I am also interested in a customized owners plaque with my CSM number once I get the Signature Edition performed by Shelby. My owners kit came with the serialized plaque unattached. Here are some pics I took with a ruler to help with dimensions. If you need any more, please let me know.

View attachment 247271

View attachment 247272

View attachment 247273

View attachment 247274
I have yet to find an engraver who will replicate the plaque for me locally. Let us know if you find someone.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,226 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
@Traxl … sent you a PM
Ted if you want I can send you my spare it’s not my Chassis number. If you want to R&D it then I’ll buy one with the my Chassis number from you? Just let me know

Reactions: rxsamg and simba47

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
Ted if you want I can send you my spare it’s not my Chassis number. If you want to R&D it then I’ll buy one with the my Chassis number from you? Just let me know
Same here Ted, I am in need of one with my Chassis number also. PM me if its possible to do these things. I am still trying to find a Laser engraver here also, no luck so far

·
Registered
2020 GT500
1 Posts
I found a guy on FB, his company name is Watts it worth engraving LLC,

He does not show this on his webpage but does show on his FB page. I reached out to him I via messenger and he did one for me, looks identical to the original. Just email him, he had like a 2 day turnaround from CT to DC for mine - i think i paid him via Venmo and he had me fill out the below. I wanna say it was like $26 including shipping.

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Magenta

Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
@TedShred should have some R&D done soon I sent my owners kit chassis plaque to him so he could replicate it. Support members!

• Helpful
Reactions: Traxl and simba47

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts

He does not show this on his webpage but does show on his FB page. I reached out to him I via messenger and he did one for me, looks identical to the original. Just email him, he had like a 2 day turnaround from CT to DC for mine - i think i paid him via Venmo and he had me fill out the below. I wanna say it was like $26 including shipping.

View attachment 247837
View attachment 247836
Welcome aboard the Forum, We would love you to introduce yourself in our New Members Introduction page. The members love seeing pictures of your Shelby as well.

Reactions: simba47

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
@TedShred should have some R&D done soon I sent my owners kit chassis plaque to him so he could replicate it. Support members!
Yes Ted, PM me about this, and He is busy doing other projects. He told me you sent him your plaque. Thank you Chris.

I am still looking over here, problem the only Laser engravers are in Manila, which is 200 miles away, and has a population of 17 million people, so traffic is 10X what L.A has, So going there I avoid like the plague ;) :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Yes Ted, PM me about this, and He is busy doing other projects. He told me you sent him your plaque. Thank you Chris.

I am still looking over here, problem the only Laser engravers are in Manila, which is 200 miles away, and has a population of 17 million people, so traffic is 10X what L.A has, So going there I avoid like the plague ;) :ROFLMAO:
Don’t worry Ted should have it figured out and be ready to help soon. That’s the best part of owning a business, he’s got people for that 😂

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,226 Posts
@AZ21GT500 I got your plaque in the mail and did some of the graphics layout today. Planning to have something ready this coming week.

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
@AZ21GT500 I got your plaque in the mail and did some of the graphics layout today. Planning to have something ready this coming week.
Ted you are awesome! Thanks for letting me know. It’s no rush do your magic on it.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts

View attachment 247837
View attachment 247836
🤷‍♀️ I email this Company, He replied he said his company is the one who is the Company the makes the Plates and SC Screw Trophy for Ford. o_O

Here is his reply,
Tom,
I make the plates for the supplemental kit from Ford, The twin screw stand. I have never done an interior part before. I could make one if I knew the dimensions. Usually, the interior is slightly embossed which I can not do.

Kim B. Kohler
Watt's it Worth LLC
203-377-7726

1 - 16 of 16 Posts