Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy I am moving from OH to TN. I will moving to the Crossville TN area the 1st of Aug. Any other members around that area?

Heading to my retirement home and garage. The garage is a little over 1200 SQft with my home office built into the rear corner. The house is a 3 bedroom single floor ranch, no upstairs or down stairs, and a nice level walk to the dock on the lake. Just a little bit of updating and it will be exactly what my wife and I have been working for. I have about another 2 years of work before I find another job, maybe Walmart Greeter.

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Gen3 VMP blower, 2.8” pulley, 677WHP/651TQ
159 Posts
Congratulations!! Sounds like the perfect place to hang the car keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,487 Posts
Sounds nice Mike! Post pics of the new digs!

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
Congrats, Mike! Another plus --- you're only a short distance away from Tail of the Dragon and all the fun, twisty western North Carolina and eastern TN roads!!!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,099 Posts
Congrats & good luck with your relocation..

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
There's a pretty big Shelby presence in Nashville and N. Alabama. However, most of those members are no longer active. I have a few of them on Facebook and email addresses. If you want to PM me an email, I could try to forward some contacts.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am about a hour away from crossville. The are a lot of Shelby owners in the area but not many active on this forumn. The music city mustang club has a annual big car show September 21st that will have several mustang clubs in attendance and also Nashville cars and coffee is a must see event the 1st Saturday of each month. Lots of events coming up like NMRA in bowling green Kentucky this fall and pigeon forge Tennesseean rod runs in the spring and fall this September. The above events you can google as this will get you started when you get moved in.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,782 Posts
Sounds like a well thought out plan. My wife has been pushing me to make a plan beyond saving-saving-saving. I think I’m liking yours.
As Goose mentioned, pics of the new place would be great.
Congrats!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds like a place I would like to retire in(single story, plenty of space for car/motorcycle stuff and a lake to top it off). I mean what else is there:cool:?

Definitely post some pictures...and make us all jelly:).

·
Registered
42 Posts
You will like Crossville, it's a very nice area. I'm in Mt. Juliet (Nashville) and like stated C&C in Franklin brings out a lot of high $$$$ cars and cool to see. Mt Juliet has a nice cruise in every Sat in the summer off I-40 exit 226.

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
318 Posts
I am about a hour away from crossville. The are a lot of Shelby owners in the area but not many active on this forumn. The music city mustang club has a annual big car show September 21st that will have several mustang clubs in attendance and also Nashville cars and coffee is a must see event the 1st Saturday of each month. Lots of events coming up like NMRA in bowling green Kentucky this fall and pigeon forge Tennesseean rod runs in the spring and fall this September. The above events you can google as this will get you started when you get moved in.
Don’t forget Ponies in the Smokey’s at Pigeon Forge. Had 900+ cars on Saturday cruise in

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey just joined. How did the move go? I'm planning to move to that area as well so any advice would be useful. I've been looking for a good moving company and there in general are a lot of options but I heard some really f***ed up stories where people just had their stuff broken or damaged or lost. It's actually not okay at all. I've found one company that seems to have some really nice reviews (I'll leave the info below) but I am wondering is someone actually has any advice regarding a good company that handle your move.

____
Here's the company I heard about: threemenandatruck.net

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,487 Posts
hey just joined. How did the move go? I'm plannng to m0ve to that area as well so any advise would be useful
Welcome to the forum! We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm 45 minutes away for the Cookville and Crossville area. This area has 2 awesome lakes center hill lake and dale hollow along with several awesome national parks with beautiful scenic country. Cookville is a awesome city with every restraunts and amenities you could want from a big city, you are also located within short drive to Nashville and Knoxville areas and the tail of the dragon. If you have any more question post them up,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts