Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
yes it is unless the wife drives with me .. than I have to drive it like a 1971 4 cylinder pinto which I might add was my very first car
I've got one of those too... Datalogging with BJ, I asked her to come help me log with the laptop, explained to her what I had to do, and got a resounding, "NO! Do it yourself or call your brother! :)" Not everyone has that need for speed I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
I've got one of those too... Datalogging with BJ, I asked her to come help me log with the laptop, explained to her what I had to do, and got a resounding, "NO! Do it yourself or call your brother! :)" Not everyone has that need for speed I guess.
I get a "NO !!" if I even mention going out in the garage ...... :(

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, its definitely the speed but more so the sound the speed makes.

I'll illustrate what its like to drive in my car and accidentally give it to much accelerator
watch the 57 second count and multiply it by 100

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
...... I'm not sure I believe ANY of those numbers ........ LOL :ROFLMAO:

(this sure has been a fun thread ... )

has to be a accurate number somewhere here and I think we got close !!

what is hilarious are the cars and trucks that rev by you like they are proving something.
My car is quite loud .. with the L&M cams at a high idle than throw in the Kooks long tube headers with a off road X pipe and finally the extremely loud KR mufflers ..... If I get into ALL of it I can be heard from one county to the next ... dont want to draw that kind of attention than there is the second factor ,,,,,, tire slippage ....WHICH i have been researching carefully ...
This is what I came up with

fronts on my 9.5x20 rims Michelins Sport cup 2 265x35x20 27.2 Overall Diameter
rears on my 11x20 rims Michelins Sport Cup 2 315x30x20 27.5 Overall Diameter

Also looking at the Toyo R888R

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

"You have one of those too" ??

Refering to the Pinto or wife

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
.... what is hilarious are the cars and trucks that rev by you like they are proving something.
That's one thing I'll never miss ... every pinhead with a garbage can exhaust trying to race me at every stoplight ..... ( just doesn't happen anymore in my van .. LOL ) ... just another dose of anonymity and freedom added to my serene retirement lifestyle. I would have never guessed this 20 years ago !!! It's still a blast to watch others have a good time with nice cars and horsepower .... speaking of which .... isn't SHELBYFEST just around the corner ??? :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man I love the wheels on your car 897 - great look!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Taking the car to VMP in a week. When I go into boost the car boggs down and doesnt behave. As master techs who worked at the dealership i did, they called me a jr tech
I believe in cause and effect. Once the cams went in and with the low vacume bypass that is required, I noticed the boost RUSHED in from 0 psi to 5 psi and I attributed that to the new set up. Well within the last few days when I got into boost it changed. from the 0-5 psi to 0-10 psi. I thought that was odd.

Than taking a quick U turn in the car ... nothing out of the ordinary when I went into boost the motor bogged down something fearce and no power

Staying out of boost the car is fine and behaves as it has no issues.

Im guessing something happened to that low vacumme bypass do hicky

Anyway I am trailing it to VMP next week to find the issue and correct it

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Taking the car to VMP in a week. When I go into boost the car boggs down and doesnt behave. As master techs who worked at the dealership i did, they called me a jr tech
I believe in cause and effect. Once the cams went in and with the low vacume bypass that is required, I noticed the boost RUSHED in from 0 psi to 5 psi and I attributed that to the new set up. Well within the last few days when I got into boost it changed. from the 0-5 psi to 0-10 psi. I thought that was odd.

Than taking a quick U turn in the car ... nothing out of the ordinary when I went into boost the motor bogged down something fearce and no power

Staying out of boost the car is fine and behaves as it has no issues.

Im guessing something happened to that low vacumme bypass do hicky

Anyway I am trailing it to VMP next week to find the issue and correct it

Note to self ... drove the car and it drove fine. hadnt planned on driving it much with the issue but now I want to see if I can replicate it and if I cant I wont take it too VMP if i do have it happen again I will take it there.

Did a simulation loading the car on a u haul car hauler .... with lots of wood it worked but scratched on wheel .... ordering a new one now and will have to do much better centering the car than I am fine

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Note to self ... drove the car and it drove fine. hadnt planned on driving it much with the issue but now I want to see if I can replicate it and if I cant I wont take it too VMP if i do have it happen again I will take it there.

Did a simulation loading the car on a u haul car hauler .... with lots of wood it worked but scratched on wheel .... ordering a new one now and will have to do much better centering the car than I am fine
Don, just an idea for you since you scratched one wheel. If you are doing this by yourself, lay a length of 2x4 on the trailer running lengthwise on each side of the trailer. Make sure the height of the wood will just contact your tires and not your rims, and then these two pieces will act like rub rails when you feel your tires run them. If you start running one with a tire, then you know to stop because you are too far over to one side. Good luck getting the car’s power problem figured out!
Mike

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,610 Posts
Sorry about the wheel Don. I have loaded cars into my trailer solo... it’s quite the challenge and my clutch always suffers. I highly recommend loading with a spotter... it makes the process soooo much easier.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Don, just an idea for you since you scratched one wheel. If you are doing this by yourself, lay a length of 2x4 on the trailer running lengthwise on each side of the trailer. Make sure the height of the wood will just contact your tires and not your rims, and then these two pieces will act like rub rails when you feel your tires run them. If you start running one with a tire, then you know to stop because you are too far over to one side. Good luck getting the car’s power problem figured out!
Mike

mikeIF

great ideal and I'll do IF i go up to VMP

car ran real good so I decided to make a hour drives south and for the most part drove well. Much better than the event a few days ago
\Ill drive the car this week and see what happens and wiill either keep the appt or cancel it Friday

However I wont trailer it

Will drive it up. That U haul trailer was too tight and too many boards trying to get the car up

Dont want another wheel damage
Sorry about the wheel Don. I have loaded cars into my trailer solo... it’s quite the challenge and my clutch always suffers. I highly recommend loading with a spotter... it makes the process soooo much easier.
Thanks Tim

had too spoters but they couldnt warn me in time. I have a new wheel coming from CJ Pony

Just now trying to get the boost issue taken car of

Will use the damage wheel as a test fit for a 265x35x20Mich sport cup 2
Can get a really worn out tire for about $100
Plans our to run a Mich cup 2 tire 265x35x20 in the front and either a 315x30x20 or a 325x25x20 for the rears

41 - 58 of 58 Posts