·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One hell of a build Don,

have fun
Colin
thanks Colin

Its like everything else, you do get use to it and dont think its that quick.

Dont get me wrong I know its quick but it feels slow until i hit boost or RPM's when the cams kick in due to the 331 gears and secondly Im too dam timid to get into high boost where all the power is.

Guess the good thing about that is I reduce the odds of grenading the motor.

I have even thought of doing some work on the bottom end as a preventive such as new rod bearings and main bearings with stronger pistons and rods. Just not sure if I need them especially the way I drive it and having a safe tune from VMP
GT500 nation what do you think .... spend some more money and do a economy build on the lower end or dont bother with it.

I dont drag race at all

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good lord that must be a handful. Be safe and have fun.

It is if your not respective of the power. I rarely get on it because the car is so dang loud and would definitely attract attention of the po po aka police.
Once in boost I have no traction in first and some in second and thats running a 20x11 rear rim with 305x30x20 Nitto NTO5's

·
Premium Member
7,672 Posts
GT500 nation what do you think .... spend some more money and do a economy build on the lower end or dont bother with it.
Just for peace of mind, I think I would build the bottom end to match the top ..... just in case, one day, you decide to rule the world .... :)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just for peace of mind, I think I would build the bottom end to match the top ..... just in case, one day, you decide to rule the world .... :)
I need to find out what economy build would run

·
#1 Mike!
8,906 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of ponies you've got corralled under the hood! I can imagine how squirrely it can get with that kind of power! Starting off in 3rd gear may be the answer :p ! Looking forward to seeing it!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Awesome build Don. 👏 I got a chuckle..is anything on these cars an economy build! $$$$$

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats.
Was quoted 12 to 15K to build my bottom,.................that was in 2014 !!
I will blow the motor and get a used motor when it blows !! LMAO

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wow! That's a lot of ponies you've got corralled under the hood! I can imagine how squirrely it can get with that kind of power! Starting off in 3rd gear may be the answer :p ! Looking forward to seeing it!

Mike

On a personal note, got your letter THANKS ... greatly appreciated

It can be squirrelly just have to be carefully

I think my math is correct or close .... 780 rwhp xx 15 percent loss = 897 crank +/-

When ever you want a ride you got my number give me a call and I will come up

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to find out what economy build would run
note to self

Just got off the phone with VMP and I'm at the cusp of when they recommend a built motor to a customer

$8000 - $10,000 labor and parts. Im right at the limit and they know my driving habits so thats why they didnt recommend a built motor from the get go.

One thing about VMP, they are straight shooters. If your reaching hp numbers and drive aggressively they will recommend a built motor. They didnt think I needed it the way I drove and my hp numbers.

No guarantees in life but I think I wont worry about it

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don, what a MONSTER you have built! (y)
thanks Fletch

it can get away from you ... one visit here one visit there and 4 years later you do have a monster.

I have to say I love the cams. Sitting in traffic and the LOUD lopey idle is delicious

Appreciate it again Fletch

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome build Don. 👏 I got a chuckle..is anything on these cars an economy build! $$$$$

Absolutly. Nothing is cheap and they say speed costs $$$$$ .... aint that the truth

Never thought of being at this level but here I am and loving it !!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
You're going to have to change your screen name!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're going to have to change your screen name!

i know .... thats on my too do list. Tim ..... are you reading this

shelbygt500_897hp

1 - 20 of 58 Posts