Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on here in awhile but just wanted to say hi and bye. After some serious decision making I got my $5000.00 deposit back (and made someone below me on the list very happy I'm sure) and decided not to purchase my ordered '07 Shelby. I am not totally in love with the new body, not impressed with the numbers/reviews the car is getting, disappointed in the high production numbers, and not interested in paying over sticker anymore for a car that I believe will be had in '09 (when any potential bugs would be worked out) for msrp.

I satisfied myself with a Snake that is virtually brand new, was $20,000.00 less, will turn near the same numbers, was built in Dearborn, and was produced in lower numbers than the anticipated total of all the Shelby's: I found a 2004 Cobra with 343 collector miles on it and bought it!

It's been real guys and I will check in from time to time.

Special thanks to 07SHELBY, SHELBYWISE, and BUSABABY! for all your advice and endless supply of information during this journey.

Take care guys and enjoy your cars!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
98Snake said:
Haven't been on here in awhile but just wanted to say hi and bye. After some serious decision making I got my $5000.00 deposit back (and made someone below me on the list very happy I'm sure) and decided not to purchase my ordered '07 Shelby. I am not totally in love with the new body, not impressed with the numbers/reviews the car is getting, disappointed in the high production numbers, and not interested in paying over sticker anymore for a car that I believe will be had in '09 (when any potential bugs would be worked out) for msrp.

I satisfied myself with a Snake that is virtually brand new, was $20,000.00 less, will turn near the same numbers, was built in Dearborn, and was produced in lower numbers than the anticipated total of all the Shelby's: I found a 2004 Cobra with 343 collector miles on it and bought it!

It's been real guys and I will check in from time to time.

Special thanks to 07SHELBY, SHELBYWISE, and BUSABABY! for all your advice and endless supply of information during this journey.

Take care guys and enjoy your cars!

Good luck and come visit,at least for the pictures.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey 98Snake...All the best to you. Thanks for being a participant on this forum. It sounds like you done good on your Cobra and patience is a virtue...so sit back and perhaps the S197 cars will grow on you. Who knows, perhaps there is another Shelby or derivative thereof lurking out there that will bring home the numbers you are seeking...

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I don't fault you for your decission, you made vaild points and at one time I was thinking the same...when I found out it was going to be over a year wait not to mention the cost. I have owned 4 modern day mustangs but always wanted a old muscle car, I would never have the time to restore one, so the modern day Shelby fit the bill for me. Cost.... well not getting raped in that department, performance yes could be better but I think the bolt-ons will really wake this car up, should get close to 600HP... and looks well that is always a personal perference for anything in life so that is cool. The good part is the 03-04 Cobra's are bad ass on the drag strip and still look very modern day, put some add-ons under the hood if you like that kind of stuff and you have a street terror :) Good luck and check back to see how the rest of us are doing.

Bill

·
Registered
90 Posts
98Snake, Wish you could hang. Its kind of like putting your feet in the pool,then pulling it out because it's cold, we know you will take the dive once the water warms up. you will just miss a couple Marco Polo games. Good Luck and have fun

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To all thanks for the kind words. I wish you all and everyone else the excitement that will come with delivery and ownership. I will be in touch from time to time.

Charles

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel the same as 98Snake. Although I didn't give a deposit the dealer had me 2nd in line for his three cars. Took me about two days to decide I didn't want to pay the $10K over MSRP. I decided to wait till the feeding frenzy is over. Now about 2 mo. later I'm not sure I want one, but I've been know to change my mind. I'll play the waiting game and just enjoy my driver Boss 429.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel the same as 98Snake. Although I didn't give a deposit the dealer had me 2nd in line for his three cars. Took me about two days to decide I didn't want to pay the $10K over MSRP. I decided to wait till the feeding frenzy is over. Now about 2 mo. later I'm not sure I want one, but I've been known to change my mind. I'll play the waiting game and just enjoy my driver Boss 429.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts