Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to be careful with my Shelby but I would like to share this with you.I went up to the drive through ATM at the bank and as usual I drove up slow to the window turned just a little to get closer(have done this many times) and I heard my tire bump up against the asphalt curb.I got some money and went across the street to the drug store for my wife.When I got out I look at my front left tire and it looked clean just like it always does not a scuff.I looked at the wheel and just about through a fit except my daughter was in the car.That little bump at the ATM ground down part of the wheel on the outside perimeter about 6" long like shaving off a piece of cheese.I am not telling you this to let you know how dumb I am just be aware there is no room for error.Be careful.Dumb in Michigan.........07..........................

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, at least you have a Shelby to damage. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, at least you have a Shelby to damage. :D

Yea you're right.Did a little whining myself.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
:)
Yea you're right.Did a little whining myself.
This is the thread we all would like to ignore but know it is inevitable! Sucks!!!::mad: :mad: But we all have and will be there. The first time is always the worst. We feel your pain 07, could have been worst as mother would say.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If/When I get my Shelby, I think I'm going to have to cover every inch with bubble wrap. The first ding or scratch is just going to make me cry.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Heres a picture.
Think of it this way 07. It's only one wheel. I saw a woman rear end a auto the other day, on her cell phone I must add, and all I could think of it could have been my Shelby!:eek: Mom was RIGHT!:) :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If/When I get my Shelby, I think I'm going to have to cover every inch with bubble wrap. The first ding or scratch is just going to make me cry.

Now that will be whining at an all new level.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I try to be careful with my Shelby but I would like to share this with you.I went up to the drive through ATM at the bank and as usual I drove up slow to the window turned just a little to get closer(have done this many times) and I heard my tire bump up against the asphalt curb.I got some money and went across the street to the drug store for my wife.When I got out I look at my front left tire and it looked clean just like it always does not a scuff.I looked at the wheel and just about through a fit except my daughter was in the car.That little bump at the ATM ground down part of the wheel on the outside perimeter about 6" long like shaving off a piece of cheese.I am not telling you this to let you know how dumb I am just be aware there is no room for error.Be careful.Dumb in Michigan.........07..........................
Now that really sucks! Sorry to hear of your misfortunes:mad: ...coulda been worse though. Hey maybe once the Prez gets his build date, you could throw your bad wheel in your lunch box and swap it out for one of his good ones as his car comes down the assembly line...:eek: Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shelbywise,
How do you like my new avatar?Do I look good in white?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Avatar, man!

Thanks I feel kinda funny but White grows on you.I have another Avatar,looks a lot like yours buddy...............07.......................

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car looks GREAT:D...But who's the fat guy in the picture? I always imagined you to be in better shape...:p

This is what 26 years of marriage,3 kids and 20 years at Ford does to you.We have a new program at work to slim you down.Its called the "Out The Door Program" or if you prefer "The Way Forward Program".

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car looks GREAT:D...But who's the fat guy in the picture? I always imagined you to be in better shape...:p

How about this Avatar?I joined the "Way Forward Program".Don't I look slimmer?..........................07..........................

·
Registered
257 Posts
How about this Avatar?I joined the "Way Forward Program".Don't I look slimmer?..........................07..........................
Just like that, you turn into Tom Thumb on me! I wish it were that easy...What a great sense of humor you have...:) I'm still @ work doing my 4 hours of OT...if they only knew how much fun I was having making all this money...The avatar looks great! But all kidding aside, hopefully you get to stay working @ Ford until you don't gotta work no-mo...Thanks for making me laugh :)...You ever thought of trading your car for a white one? I think it looks good on you...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just like that, you turn into Tom Thumb on me! I wish it were that easy...What a great sense of humor you have...:) I'm still @ work doing my 4 hours of OT...if they only knew how much fun I was having making all this money...The avatar looks great! But all kidding aside, hopefully you get to stay working @ Ford until you don't gotta work no-mo...Thanks for making me laugh :)...You ever thought of trading your car for a white one? I think it looks good on you...

You can barely see me can you?Work is good!I am ok.They were suppose to offer me a buy out package today,but either they didn't or my bosses pulled it.I pretty much have a job for the next 4 or 5 years.I am still a true blue Ford man no matter what they do.I am better off than most people.I will be there till I scrape all 4 of my wheels.OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad I make you laugh!Life should be fun.
No I never thought of trading my Shelby in for a white one although that is Shelby tradition.I have never been much of a yes man unless Carroll himself told me to change................................07.................................

1 - 20 of 34 Posts