Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post on another site concerning the order guides. A guy said that his dealer had called him and told him that he was ready to order.

I went straight to my dealer and walked out with the Ford product summary. They didn't know if Ford was ready to take orders, but told me to decide what I wanted and come back tomorrow when my salesman would be working.

I would strongly suggest for anyone on a waiting list to get in touch with their dealer and see what info they have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell them to check the Ford Dealer Net. It's kind of buried on the site. Its there though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer called me yesterday. I went to the dealership today and picked up a folder with all the information.

Information I gleaned:

1. Ford taking orders NOW!
2. First production run June 9th.
3. Valencia yellow dropped. (my comment-probably saving for Boss model. I have wanted Highland Green "Bullitt color" but it is probably being held for a "Bullitt" model.)
4. Grabber Orange added.
5. Dealer hasn't been given cost or MSRP yet. (I'm locked in at MSRP)
Ordering info is scant. No prices, folders, pictures, color charts. (This is tough because I would have preferred to see various color and stripe combinations prior to ordering. Dealer can cross reference from existing model color charts but no pictures.
6. Red color is TORCH RED and not Colorado Red as reported by some sites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm definitely going convertible. I'm just having trouble decideing on color. Anyone know of a link to Alloy? SVT tells me its a charcoal almost black color but didn't know of anywhere I could go to see the color. BTW, he did confirm that all Ford dealerships could order at least one and MSRP just over $40K coupe, $45K convertible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll probably just go ahead with the Torch Red coupe with white GT and LeMans stripes. I really had hoped for a slightly deeper red so that I could go with satin silver stripes. Judging by some of the pictures, earlier prototypes may have had the Ford GT Red Clearcoat which is a darker red. Prettier to my eyes than the Torch Red.
BTW, I am trying to make up my mind about the sound system. I listened to the Blaster 500. It has plenty of sound but there are two huge speakers on the forward part of the doors. (near shin) Does the Blaster 1000 have the same speakers on the door? Not very attractive.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
DMiller779 said:
I'll probably just go ahead with the Torch Red coupe with white GT and LeMans stripes. I really had hoped for a slightly deeper red so that I could go with satin silver stripes. Judging by some of the pictures, earlier prototypes may have had the Ford GT Red Clearcoat which is a darker red. Prettier to my eyes than the Torch Red.
BTW, I am trying to make up my mind about the sound system. I listened to the Blaster 500. It has plenty of sound but there are two huge speakers on the forward part of the doors. (near shin) Does the Blaster 1000 have the same speakers on the door? Not very attractive.
DMiller,

It's the 'Shaker' 500 & 1000, and yes, the 1000 has the 2 big door speakers, plus 2 subwoofers in the trunk. Get the 500 if you ever want to put anything in the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts