Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oredered one DS loop and got another, :mofo: Just want to pick some brains on which DS loop is better.

Ordered this one from EVO...

But got this one instead...

The CHE requires some drilling, which I really don't want to do.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd call Evo and return the item for the correct one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would return the incorrect one and get the EVO.. I personally have the BMR front loop and I am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evo uses the CHE due to it's compatability with long tubes, which I do not have. They are switching out loops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you need to remove the driveshaft to install the metco units?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
For anyone interested I have a new CHE loop, with instructions, for sale. $45 shipped. PM me if anyone interested

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gass.....

are you saying that your choice of loop (according to Evo) doesnt work with long tube headers? Interesting, since that's the loop i have, and plan to get long tubes...

what was the clearance issue...or did they explain that....

EVO told me that they don't carry the BMR loop anymore due to LT clearances, so they switched to CHE. No explanations.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
EVO told me that they don't carry the BMR loop anymore due to LT clearances, so they switched to CHE. No explanations.
BMR here with Bassani LT headers and no issues. The front tunnel brace has no issues but the rear tunnel brace is an issue when jacking up the car as the one piece DS rests on the brace. The rear loop was originally designed for the two piece DS but will work with the one piece except for that minor glitch. Just keep the suspension loaded when jacking. Not sure why EVO switched.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
BMR here with Bassani LT headers and no issues. The front tunnel brace has no issues but the rear tunnel brace is an issue when jacking up the car as the one piece DS rests on the brace. The rear loop was originally designed for the two piece DS but will work with the one piece except for that minor glitch. Just keep the suspension loaded when jacking. Not sure why EVO switched.
yea, me either, as im getting them installed this week. we'll see what happens. true about the rear...have to keep her loaded now when lifting..

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with the Steeda cage, fits existing mount holes and works like a cradle.

Recomend everyone stay away from the FRPP one unless you want an afternoon of ripping your interior apart....helped with an install last weekend and not fun at all.....

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I don't think you can use the rear with a one piece DS.
Here are the loops EVO installed when they installed my ultimate lowering package. As you can see, I have the 1-piece driveshaft with the front and rear safety loops.

I took these pics after the 11 hr. drive home to see if there was any rubbing. I had to have driven the worst roads in PA. If it was going to rub, it would have. As you can see, not a scratch.

I am also having long tubes installed soon. Hope these work with the LT's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Here are the loops EVO installed when they installed my ultimate lowering package. As you can see, I have the 1-piece driveshaft with the front and rear safety loops.

I took these pics after the 11 hr. drive home to see if there was any rubbing. I had to have driven the worst roads in PA. If it was going to rub, it would have. As you can see, not a scratch.

I am also having long tubes installed soon. Hope these work with the LT's.
Cal, the front wont clear. The bottom edge of the angled bar hits the LT's. Fred had to change mine to the CHE. But retained the rear. Amazingly enough, after re-installing the rear with the suspension unloaded (on lift), it actually cleared the DS by about a 1/4". We were both amazed by that. The new front piece is a pretty solid unit.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The brand of headers determine the fit. I have no problem with the Bassani's. Obviously there is an issue with AR. Not sure about Kooks. Sounds like the AR's are lower and tighter to the tranny cross member. Do you experience any ground clearance issues with the AR's?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts