Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like so many others I want to share my story so far (It is a happy one but as we have seen with many other ones it has up and downs). It started just like everybody I had my name on so many waiting list that I pretty much new every sales manager for the Ford dealerships around my area. Being in Chicago its no easy task.
As the time drew more and more and the information came more available the lists grew. I got the lucky (somewhat) call from oddly enough the closest dealer to my home that they new their allocations and my name was first on the list. The sales manager at this dealers has been nothing but great, told me that once the owner found out about Barret Jackson he decided to put the first car on Ebay and that I could try for it (No fair mine was supposed to be the first one) Sure enough a gentleman from New York bid 20k over sticker for it and so my turn got displaced to Shelby #2, not so bad but I got a little unhappy.
I put in a deposit and signed on 5k over sticker for the second car and we figured out my options and color (blue coupe, over the top-stripe delete and all other options). Sure enough after a few more months and as Shelby's got more public the best friend of the owner decided that he wanted one. Therefore I was told that I would be displaced to car #3(their last one), nt just that but the lucky owner number two got the car at less money than me...Slowly but surely I was seeing my Shelby dissapear.
As I said before the sales manager has been nothing but great and he assured me that the Third car would be mine but the last set of bad news (sorta) came when I found out that the Dealer was being sold and Ford would be no more. Well it turned out to be a blessing since they processed the car faster. As 07 Shelby knows I finally got a VIN about a month ago.
Well the last call came today and while I am a little skeptic the person in charge of inventory assured me that they have a dealer ETA of 10/25. I called my good friend who, is no longer at this dealer as he found a new home, to inform him of the good news and he tells me one last scary tale. It turns out that once again the owner of the dealer was trying to give away my Shelby to a different dealer as part of inventory and that if I wanted it I could try to get a deal from them (I had previously contacted that dealer and they wouldnt budge for less than 20k over sticker). But sure enough he talked to the owner and assured him that I deserve the car and that it belonged to me and that is why I got the call in regards to the arrival of the car.
Its a bit of a story here and while I hope I dont bore anyone out there I just wanted to put in my two cents, I have almost finished the story and my car is almost inside my garage but I certainly thank 07 for the information he gave me while he could; but above all to Mike Cretsinger a guy that while being in a business were its all about money he still cares about honesty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Kronus01...Unfortunately, I believe your story is becoming all to familiar in Shelbydom :( You've certainly endured that long Shelby rollercoaster ride that 07 has talked about time and time again...Your persistance is paying off and you only have 5-6 days to go...hopefully your car gets to you before another greedy person steps forward. I'm kinda curious...Did you ever have anything in writing from a person of responsibility at the dealership with regard to which allocation you were to receive and for what price??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hopefully your story will have a happy ending. I received news from dealership that my Shelby is scheduled to arrive 10/25. Lets hope this turns out to be a great day for both of us!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey ShelbyWise unfortunately I never had anything in regards to their allocation and that was one of my mistakes all I had worried about was price. Hey RedShelby maybe on 10/25 we can both submit photos that would make it a great day because not just one but two Shelbys would get home

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well like so many others I want to share my story so far (It is a happy one but as we have seen with many other ones it has up and downs). It started just like everybody I had my name on so many waiting list that I pretty much new every sales manager for the Ford dealerships around my area. Being in Chicago its no easy task.
As the time drew more and more and the information came more available the lists grew. I got the lucky (somewhat) call from oddly enough the closest dealer to my home that they new their allocations and my name was first on the list. The sales manager at this dealers has been nothing but great, told me that once the owner found out about Barret Jackson he decided to put the first car on Ebay and that I could try for it (No fair mine was supposed to be the first one) Sure enough a gentleman from New York bid 20k over sticker for it and so my turn got displaced to Shelby #2, not so bad but I got a little unhappy.
I put in a deposit and signed on 5k over sticker for the second car and we figured out my options and color (blue coupe, over the top-stripe delete and all other options). Sure enough after a few more months and as Shelby's got more public the best friend of the owner decided that he wanted one. Therefore I was told that I would be displaced to car #3(their last one), nt just that but the lucky owner number two got the car at less money than me...Slowly but surely I was seeing my Shelby dissapear.
As I said before the sales manager has been nothing but great and he assured me that the Third car would be mine but the last set of bad news (sorta) came when I found out that the Dealer was being sold and Ford would be no more. Well it turned out to be a blessing since they processed the car faster. As 07 Shelby knows I finally got a VIN about a month ago.
Well the last call came today and while I am a little skeptic the person in charge of inventory assured me that they have a dealer ETA of 10/25. I called my good friend who, is no longer at this dealer as he found a new home, to inform him of the good news and he tells me one last scary tale. It turns out that once again the owner of the dealer was trying to give away my Shelby to a different dealer as part of inventory and that if I wanted it I could try to get a deal from them (I had previously contacted that dealer and they wouldnt budge for less than 20k over sticker). But sure enough he talked to the owner and assured him that I deserve the car and that it belonged to me and that is why I got the call in regards to the arrival of the car.
Its a bit of a story here and while I hope I dont bore anyone out there I just wanted to put in my two cents, I have almost finished the story and my car is almost inside my garage but I certainly thank 07 for the information he gave me while he could; but above all to Mike Cretsinger a guy that while being in a business were its all about money he still cares about honesty.

Kronus01,
You are welcome for what little I did.I really hope that you get your Shelby.Please let us know how it goes and post some pictures,later.....................07.....................................

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definetly post some pics as soon as I have them. I am going tomorrow to the dealer to do some paperwork, that makes it a little more real. I am getting excited

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Kronus01
Our segment, sequence and blend dates were the same. My dealer said Monday dat de "livery" date was Nov.4 for me. I'm hoping yours is right and mine is something closer to yours! Can't wait to see those pictures!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey ShelbyWise unfortunately I never had anything in regards to their allocation and that was one of my mistakes all I had worried about was price. Hey RedShelby maybe on 10/25 we can both submit photos that would make it a great day because not just one but two Shelbys would get home
I will post pictures as soon as the car arrives. The dealer is suppose to send me some when it gets in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts